Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 199
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: UAD Plugin Mover

  1. #21
    Practically a UAD Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,313

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    THANKS!!
    RME Firceface 802
    Dangerous Music D-Box
    Windows 10 Pro
    Virus Ti Desktop
    Novation 49SL MKII
    UAD-2 Quad x 2
    Cubase 9
    HALion 6

  2. #22
    Heavy UAD User RWIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    762

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Thanks Phil for this really nice tool!

    Since that I'm using the mono version and I want to keep them in their separate folder, I did 2 runs of the utility, one for the stereo plugs and the 2nd for the mono plugs, and it works just fine! Great! =D>



    One thing that could be great imho would be to add another option for a command line, and which could gives the option to rename the dll for any plug, like:
    Number=PLUGIN/NEW_PLUGIN_NAME/FOLDER

    In such case, and since Cubase is showing the the dll name from insert/send slots, that would be great! So as example, the "UAD EL7 FATSO Sr.dll" could be "FATSO Sr.dll", and Cubase will display "FATSO Sr." from slot.

    Anyway thank you very much!
    RW
    __________________________
    1xUAD-2 Solo - Cubase 8.5 - Mixbus - RME FF400 - Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus- Win 10 x64 - DDR3 16Gb

  3. #23
    Moderator Phil Pendlebury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    173

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RWIL
    Thanks Phil for this really nice tool!

    Since that I'm using the mono version and I want to keep them in their separate folder, I did 2 runs of the utility, one for the stereo plugs and the 2nd for the mono plugs, and it works just fine! Great! =D>



    One thing that could be great imho would be to add another option for a command line, and which could gives the option to rename the dll for any plug, like:
    Number=PLUGIN/NEW_PLUGIN_NAME/FOLDER

    In such case, and since Cubase is showing the the dll name from insert/send slots, that would be great! So as example, the "UAD EL7 FATSO Sr.dll" could be "FATSO Sr.dll", and Cubase will display "FATSO Sr." from slot.

    Anyway thank you very much!
    Hi RWIL,

    Funnily enough this has been suggested also by someone else. It would be an easy addition so I'll get on to that as soon as time permits. I could also add an option to add paths for mono and stereo easily enough.

    I wasn't sure how many poeple would get the idea of this so I didn't do too much extra work on it. But if requests are easy enough to implement I will gladly do it. I do enjoy this kind of coding - it's quite the****utic.

    Phil Pendlebury - MEAP - Website - SoundCloud - YouTube

  4. #24
    Practically a UAD Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,313

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Pendlebury
    Quote Originally Posted by RWIL
    Thanks Phil for this really nice tool!

    Since that I'm using the mono version and I want to keep them in their separate folder, I did 2 runs of the utility, one for the stereo plugs and the 2nd for the mono plugs, and it works just fine! Great! =D>



    One thing that could be great imho would be to add another option for a command line, and which could gives the option to rename the dll for any plug, like:
    Number=PLUGIN/NEW_PLUGIN_NAME/FOLDER

    In such case, and since Cubase is showing the the dll name from insert/send slots, that would be great! So as example, the "UAD EL7 FATSO Sr.dll" could be "FATSO Sr.dll", and Cubase will display "FATSO Sr." from slot.

    Anyway thank you very much!
    Hi RWIL,

    Funnily enough this has been suggested also by someone else. It would be an easy addition so I'll get on to that as soon as time permits. I could also add an option to add paths for mono and stereo easily enough.

    I wasn't sure how many poeple would get the idea of this so I didn't do too much extra work on it. But if requests are easy enough to implement I will gladly do it. I do enjoy this kind of coding - it's quite the****utic.

    I think those new additions would be quite appreciated. Being able to do the mono plugs without manually moving them is great. A renaming would be cool too. When you find the time please do update this great little utility. I will be keeping it on my flash drive for future use.
    RME Firceface 802
    Dangerous Music D-Box
    Windows 10 Pro
    Virus Ti Desktop
    Novation 49SL MKII
    UAD-2 Quad x 2
    Cubase 9
    HALion 6

  5. #25
    Heavy UAD User RWIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    762

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Pendlebury
    Hi RWIL,

    Funnily enough this has been suggested also by someone else. It would be an easy addition so I'll get on to that as soon as time permits. I could also add an option to add paths for mono and stereo easily enough.

    I wasn't sure how many poeple would get the idea of this so I didn't do too much extra work on it. But if requests are easy enough to implement I will gladly do it. I do enjoy this kind of coding - it's quite the****utic.

    Well that will be more than welcome! I agree that coding can be quite the****utic, still that debugging can sometime kill the benefit right away!
    Best,
    RW
    __________________________
    1xUAD-2 Solo - Cubase 8.5 - Mixbus - RME FF400 - Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus- Win 10 x64 - DDR3 16Gb

  6. #26
    Moderator Phil Pendlebury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    173

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RWIL

    Well that will be more than welcome! I agree that coding can be quite the****utic, still that debugging can sometime kill the benefit right away!
    Best,
    Absolutely!
    Phil Pendlebury - MEAP - Website - SoundCloud - YouTube

  7. #27
    Moderator Phil Pendlebury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    173

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Added Rename feature:

    Rename:
    The tool can remove the UAD name from all plugins when moving them.
    • To do this: Edit the uadmove.ini file [Rename] and set rename=Yes Now all plugins will be renamed. For example: UAD 1176LN becomes 1176LN
      To turn renaming off: Edit the uadmove.ini file [Rename] and set rename=No (or in fact anything at all other than Yes)


    Phil Pendlebury - MEAP - Website - SoundCloud - YouTube

  8. #28
    Heavy UAD User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    681

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    I know this was a featured request, and Im not having a go/criticising or anything, but wouldn't this break backward compatibility with projects ?

    Question more at RWIL than Phil (Im aware i made a right balls of posting in the affinity thread )

    Or would cubase (5) know that 1176LN.dll is the same file as UAD 1176LN.dll (or whatever) ?
    Q6600 : 4gb corsair : 3x 320gb seagate drive 1x 1TB WD Caviar Black : Abit AB9 Pro Mobo : Focusrite Pro 24 DSP : 1xUAD2 Quad, 1xUAD2Duo : Windows 7 x64 : Novation Remote Zero SL : Novation Launchpad : NI Komplete 5 : Cubase 5.5.1 : Ableton 8.1.5

  9. #29
    Moderator Phil Pendlebury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    173

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm X
    I know this was a featured request, and Im not having a go/criticising or anything, but wouldn't this break backward compatibility with projects ?

    Question more at RWIL than Phil (Im aware i made a right balls of posting in the affinity thread )

    Or would cubase (5) know that 1176LN.dll is the same file as UAD 1176LN.dll (or whatever) ?
    Not a problem as far as I can see. At least Cubase 4 and 5 recognises the newly renamed plugins in projects that were created using plugins with the original name.

    You could have tested this yourself really before posting, by simply renaming one plugin and seeing what happens.

    Phil Pendlebury - MEAP - Website - SoundCloud - YouTube

  10. #30
    Heavy UAD User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    681

    UAD Plugin Mover - Updated July 9, 2013

    Well thats very true, but Im at work, and my pc needs reformatting...

    But thanks for the answer, and the tool.

    Q6600 : 4gb corsair : 3x 320gb seagate drive 1x 1TB WD Caviar Black : Abit AB9 Pro Mobo : Focusrite Pro 24 DSP : 1xUAD2 Quad, 1xUAD2Duo : Windows 7 x64 : Novation Remote Zero SL : Novation Launchpad : NI Komplete 5 : Cubase 5.5.1 : Ableton 8.1.5

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th February 2013, 08:48 PM
  2. Vintage Open Deck Plugin...another Studer Tape Plugin!
    By Blackout in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th June 2011, 06:37 AM
  3. Any Mac plugin mover/file organizer?
    By jimmymio in forum Support & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th February 2010, 02:22 AM
  4. A little tool you may find useful - UAD Plugin Mover
    By Phil Pendlebury in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 31st December 1969, 06:00 PM
  5. Vintage Open Deck Plugin...another Studer Tape Plugin!
    By Blackout in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st December 1969, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •