1.1.7 vs 1.1.9

Carl

Established Member
I just updated my four pedals from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9. Has anyone seen any release notes? Anything new? Any improvements?

d0gmA

I was very happy to see this morning that when I opened my app it told me that my Pedals required a firmware update. In the app it stated Improved Bluetooth Connectivity. This must be new in the past app update as it never did it before.

Quark77

I've updated my Lion to 1.1.9, thought the reverb is gone (the usual room as well as the hall on the "moonish clean"). The cab was on. But as D0gmA pointed out, the room also doesn't work with 4-cable method (with which I played around yesterday). In normal mode the reverb is back. Case solved. Thank you!

Last edited:

d0gmA

I've updated my Lion to 1.1.9, but now the reverb is gone (the usual room as well as the hall on the "moonish clean").
Is there a way to downgrade to 1.1.7?
Thanks
Mine seem to be working fine are you sure you don't have the cab disabled ?

d0gmA

The cab is on. If I turn the Alt-room knob, the cab-light is flashing (so, the pot is working). Worked all fine until the update :-(
check your not in 4 cable mode which would also disable the room.

tomtama

Hall of Fame Member
No issues with Lion on my end.

Quark77

check your not in 4 cable mode which would also disable the room.
That was indeed the issue! Thank you very much for pointing this out. I've actually switched to 4-cable yesterday last thing, but using external reverb, so that I didn't notice. However, this somehow raises the question why the room/reverb is not working with 4-cable... I wanted to it to easily switch between Dream and Lion.

d0gmA

That was indeed the issue! Thank you very much for pointing this out. I've actually switched to 4-cable yesterday last thing, but using external reverb, so that I didn't notice. However, this somehow raises the question why the room/reverb is not working with 4-cable... I wanted to it to easily switch between Dream and Lion.
Its documented in the manual that 4cm disables the room

seyfi

Everything was working fine on my Dream 65 on firmware 1.1.8. something and I updated it to 1.1.9. Why? Because it says 'better bluetooth connectivitiy'.

Guess what? I lost bluetooth connection with the iOS APP completely and I cannot pair my pedal no matter what I do 😤

seyfi

Everything was working fine on my Dream 65 on firmware 1.1.8. something and I updated it to 1.1.9. Why? Because it says 'better bluetooth connectivitiy'.

Guess what? I lost bluetooth connection with the iOS APP completely and I cannot pair my pedal no matter what I do 😤
Sorted but quite painful.

After trying the steps shown on the app again and again, I decided to delete the app and re-install it. Then reboot my phone. After then only I was able to reconnect with my pedal. Just leaving these here in case someone has a similar issue.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
No LM308, opinion disregarded! ;)

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
Ever tried to get your analog gear to sound like digital LOL.
I hear plenty of guitar (and keys) players make their (potentially) amazing analog gear sound like digital strunz almost every day.

seyfi

On topic: how does the new 1.1.9 firmware sound? I've heard with the increase of Bluetooth signal you hear more harmonic content and black space around the notes.
Don't waste your potential here.
➡ https://www.timeout.com/london/comedy/the-best-comedy-clubs-in-london-1

The audience won't hear a difference.
Seriously, we all agree that it's not about what the audience hear, right? It's more about how you feel and hear when you are playing in the first place. Does it let you express yourself as you intend? Does it feel good and comfortable? If what the audience hear is your main priority then you shouldn't be bothering with any of these. Just get a decent multi-fx processor and audience won't hear a difference anyway (as you said).

I think the Dream 65 sounds really really good for what it's intended for. I tried other amp emulation pedals but I ended up with this and I can tell you it's here to stay. Yes, the APP is a bit pita but this doesn't stop me enjoying it with a smile on my face. I also own a Kemper rack and a Quad Cortex for different stage requirements but the Dream is something that I enjoy all the time.

SimonA

For me analog gear is the benchmark and digital gear is more about convenience.
Yeap, UA will say they deliver 100% on that, cause you‘ll get a ready-to-record 100 Watt plexi in a comparatively tiny box for just 400 bucks.

I say there is a lot of unused potential regarding digital convenience (e.g. no way to store settings on Galaxy 74 and MAX) and the app and firmware update issues are and were massively inconvenient.

But they sound great (bought 8 of em, so I need to remind myself why).

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
The audience won't hear a difference.

On topic: how does the new 1.1.9 firmware sound? I've heard with the increase of Bluetooth signal you hear more harmonic content and black space around the notes.
The black space is blacker, but there’s not necessarily more of it.

UAD Bundle Month