• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

1 extreme PAK or 2 other cards

RGiel

I got a new mac pro and want all the uad plugins.Is it better to buy 1 extreme pak( which would have all the plugins) or say buy 2 of the other cards and then add the additional plugins to distribute the cpu power over 2 cards?
That way i would have 2 cards with all the plugins.Would this be a more powerfull setup instead of trying to process all the information over 1 card?

I would personally go for two cards, even if that means less plug-ins right away... a single card is simply not enough considering the new resource-heavy plug-ins like the Neve series.

Holly

If you want to buy all the plugins anyway, it could be cheaper to buy the Extreme Pak first. It includes quite some plugins you otherwise would need to buy extra. So you can try all the stuff and then buy an Express Pak later to increase processing power. Just calculate and see what's more cheap!

UAD Bundle Month