• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

1073 and 1081 differences

dusty

Hi all,

i just demoed UA 1073. I was blown away! I never heard a plug in sound like that. Before to swipe my card though, i was wondering if i should hold my money for the forthcoming 1081. I heard somewhere that is a five band plug in instead of 3, but that's all i know..
Anyone can help?

dusty said:
Hi all,

i just demoed UA 1073. I was blown away! I never heard a plug in sound like that. Before to swipe my card though, i was wondering if i should hold my money for the forthcoming 1081. I heard somewhere that is a five band plug in instead of 3, but that's all i know..
Anyone can help?
blew you away ? what exactly blew you away abou it.
i demoed for a week and was seriouys let doqn, didn;t bring anythibng new to the uad fleet and want to sway you wtih neve logo and feel ilke your getting domething of value. spend your moneuyon the space echoe. far more musical and more likely inspiring you to write sometning1

F5D

People like different things. For example, I don't need the space echo at all. :roll:

dusty

ubuntumusic said:
blew you away ? what exactly blew you away abou it.
You kidding right? I've compared the UA neve against all the hi end plug i own such as URS EQs, waves ssl 4000, Sony EQ Powercore.. and even against UA pulteq. To my hears there just no comparison at all. I believe that UA must to pass some kind of AMS quality control before they put the plug in on the market.. Like waves w/ the ssl 4000.

Giles117 DP

Some people like being antagonistic. LOL. I have the Neve and the Waves SSL.

They make the URS stuff sound like a waste of my hard earned money.

F5D

IMO the urs s-series eq is the only urs eq which can actually compete with the waves ssl, uad neve 1073 and sony oxford eq. Of course all of these eq's are different and especially the sony oxford is in it's own class due to it's features. Anyway, I decided to purchase the urs s-series eq because it doesn't need cpu almost at all and it sounds smooth with right q-settings. The rest of the urs eq's sound mostly harsh.

UAD Bundle Month