• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

1073- Brilliant!

danno2

Forget any complaints, this is just to say this EQ is WAAAAY cool and welcome addition to my arsenal. I'm not sure if this is spot on having never used the real thing- but wow... this eq is just killer on some things -And I've been mainly using the SE version!

I find the high end shelve is just sweet sounding, so NOT digital sounding, and I don't know if I've ever reached first for a digital EQ to fatten up a guitar tone, but this EQ does it exceedingly well. It really has a nice-dare I say it- warm sound in the low end. It's truly a new crayon in the box...

worth every penny of the $249

Thanks UAD!

PodBoy

I liked the \"air\" it added to a mastering mix that was first squashed (tastefully , of course) by the Precision multiband. I guess the original Neve was supposed to be an input channel processor, but this worked for me.

Kinda reminds me - back in the day (of analog tape) , where demoes were delivered on cassette, I'd always record them thru an aphex aural exciter to compensate for the hi end loss. (The exciter is basically a sweetly subtle distortion that generates hi end harmonics) . Not that Neve sounds like that, but it can be used to add a pleasant \"edge\".

Staccato

I concur, I had a project going that lacked air, and the 1073's timely arrival made the project a go. It was used on slide guitar, vox, harmonica, cymbals: beautiful.

Tony Ostinato

Brilliant is a good description. I kinda thought that \"fall in love with your uad-1 all over again\" blurb was maybe a lot of hype but sure enough, sure enough.

bob humid

I´ll join the chant too... just switched on the demo..

this baby is pretty impressive. I will definetly use it in mastering... highpass on 50Hz.. kick in some 60Hz, dip some 7.2KHz and boost the high-shelve to taste..

try this on a weak sounding Propellerheads Reason Bounce.. you´ll be amazed.

gee. so cool. it´s the real thing.

robert

Plec

Venerated Member
I will have to go with the flow here...
I was really amazed when I started the demo... used it on an album mix with really good results. Demo expired, didn't buy it for a week... just bought it two days ago to use on another album mix.. and now after all these tryouts, I can truly say that the UAD Neve 1073 is the ONLY plugin that I find totally indispensable in the UAD range. I use all the plugins pretty much all the time.. but I feel that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to use some other compressor plugins or some other reverb plugins instead of the UADs, but I can't find another plugin that does what the 1073 does. It's just remarkable!!!

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
It's pretty surprising just how good sounding the SE version is. I hope UA will consider releasing the 1073 as two $149 plugs, it'd certainly benefit more people that way.

RWIL

Established Member
Well since the demo expired, I really miss it. I have to take a clever decision; get the plug or get a new card... I'm waiting for an answer from my pocket too however... :|

RW

Staccato

I feel fo ya bra, I got a flexi in June, but worth every penny...

Trebor Flow 2

Established Member
I'm last on the bannana boat here, but just loaded up the 1073 and WOW
f*ck me stuff with a badger, what an incredible digital EQ. Blows away my Sony Oxford and I have finally found a plugin I would dare use with my BLUE Bottle mic .

No brainer - I'm buying and another two cards to run it, and ........ UA just put a block on my impending plan to buy Pro Tools HD, as far as I'm conserned and IMHO this is the coming of age for DSP and native hosts.

I'm not suprised UA dropped PT support they have gone have there thing going on here with the 1073 in a word

TOTALLY STUNNING

Trebor

Ashermusic

Trebor Flow 2 said:
I'm last on the bannana boat here, but just loaded up the 1073 and WOW
f*ck me stuff with a badger, what an incredible digital EQ. Blows away my Sony Oxford and I have finally found a plugin I would dare use with my BLUE Bottle mic .

No brainer - I'm buying and another two cards to run it, and ........ UA just put a block on my impending plan to buy Pro Tools HD, as far as I'm conserned and IMHO this is the coming of age for DSP and native hosts.

I'm not suprised UA dropped PT support they have gone have there thing going on here with the 1073 in a word

TOTALLY STUNNING

Trebor
But Trebor, isn't it too expensive? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Trebor Flow 2

Established Member
LOL

Not for me - I'm lucky I can afford it and I've bought it.

And I think it's fantastic value for money. But I will for ever defend the under dog, it's my nature. Even if at times I come across as being naive and stupid.

But hey it's summer in England, we're still in the World Cup (see miracles do happen) and I'm mixing my new album with a 1073 software clone, for once I'm happy already.

Trebor :D

Mario303

Well since the demo expired, I really miss it. I have to take a clever decision; get the plug or get a new card... I'm waiting for an answer from my pocket too however...
Agree and i really miss it too. It's awesome. I am going to buy this one for sure!

Arys Chien

danno2 said:
...2 channels of reissue AMS/NEVE 1073's racked= $7,500)
I don't quite agree with this.

Last month I bought the 1073 plug-in. This week I bought a 1073 (from Brent Avrill).

Why? I need a good mic pre. The BA 1073 performs very well with my new Atomic Squeezebox. I got the biggest vocal I've ever heard. :wink:

p.s.: I've mentioned doing a test between the 1073 plug-in and hardware. The reason why I haven't done it is because that I'm waiting for this baby. I'll find some time next week to do the test.

UAD Bundle Month