• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

1073 Bugs

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Not to complain as they sound every bit as good as I had hoped.
However.
High Shelf Cut/Boost - works with wheel mouse.
Midrange Bell - neither frequency select or cut/boost works with wheel mouse
Low Shelf - neither frequency or cut/boost works with wheel mouse.
HPF - Works with Wheel Mouse
Gain - works with wheel mouse

Can we have some consistency please?

RWIL

Established Member
I found that too and was thinking that using mouse wheel with dual-concentric knob would be more messy then usefull in real life using? I know that some plugs (PSP 84?)use hidden regions to reach kind of hidden faders. If so, a keyboard shortcut or using 2 hidden regions (1 left 1 right) sensitive to the mouse wheel would be nice.

RW

Tony Ostinato

Yep, yep, yep i ran it last night for about an hour after installing 4.3 and that was one of the first things i notice, mainly because it was UA plugins that got me loving mousewheel.

After the initial harsh scowl i give to any plugin that doesnt have mousewheel support i pondered why? why?

all i've come up with is that ua feels the knobs are so touchy and contiuous and smooth or whatever that its just wrong to use a gradiated mousewheel??

mousewheel seems to work on the other knobs just fine. i think its weird.

what do you think? oversight? philosophy?

maybe someone at Neve? \"no you cant do that!! no mousewheel for those knobs we forbid it!! OBEY!!!\"

They have a clear winner in the sound, but its like obvious their physical modeling process is really accurate and they have it down where they can nail these hardware things bang bang bang so thats not even NEWS anymore its like taking hardware and putting it into the pluginulator its damn fascinating the first dozen times and gradually it becomes like using the microwave. But when one of the plugins comes out of the pluginulator and for the first time the mousewheel doesnt work on the knobs you're reaction is \"hey, whats wrong with the pluginulator?\"

maybe its becoming sentient?

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
It's not the4 fiddle factor with dual concentric dials.
The URS versions all work just fine with the mouse wheel - and Igot used to this.
Trying to adjust things is a PITA without the wheelmouse working properly.
It should either work - or not.
Half-arsed implementation to me is a lack of attention to detail.

Unless it is just a bug.....

Tony Ostinato

I'm not sure you got what i said tho.

I'm not disagreeing with you, grumpy, i'm trying to imagine what they may be up to cause i kinda doubt the oversight theory.

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Ericcc said:
Relax guys......it's a demo limitation...It will be fixed in the unlimited version :lol:
Demo?
Wot demo?
It's bought & paid for.......(sense of humour failure dueto unpaid £22,000 bill)
:?:

Ericcc

neil wilkes said:
It's not the4 fiddle factor with dual concentric dials.
The URS versions all work just fine with the mouse wheel - and Igot used to this.
you'll get used to this too ;)

I have no problems adjusting the knobs...

It should either work - or not.
Well it works for some knobs and for others it don't...simple.

Half-arsed implementation to me is a lack of attention to detail.

Unless it is just a bug.....
or unless they plan on it to deliver your request for full mousewheel support at a later time...Just like URS did...The initial URS release didn't have mousewheel support either.

or unless they had a dead-line for the release..

or unless......

it is people making half-arsed assumptions and whine that are a real PITA...

Ericcc

neil wilkes said:
Ericcc said:
Relax guys......it's a demo limitation...It will be fixed in the unlimited version :lol:
Demo?
Wot demo?
It's bought & paid for.......(sense of humour failure dueto unpaid £22,000 bill)
:?:
it was a joke for the record...

sorry for your debt.. that sucks :(

You guys must be Nuendo users. I think scrollwheel is part of their VST implementation, I know it does not work at all in DP or Logic. I bet UA had to do something new with the 1073 concentric controls that limited scrollwheel for those particular controls.

RWIL

Established Member
neil wilkes said:
More I'm using the dual-concentric knob, more I feel that is a missing or a bug. I'll not surprise that the next update will include that feature...

RW

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
Hi All,
This is a known issue...full cross-platform (as well as cross-application) scroll wheel support for all plugins is slated as a feature enhancement for a future release.

Also, just FYI, we do not limit our demos in anyway, so any behavior found in the demo will be the exact same as a licensed version. Think of the demo as a \"timed license\"; it's runs the same plugin the same way as if it were fully licensed.

Cheers.

RWIL

Established Member
Fine!
Thanks for the infos...

RW

SteveD

First thing I tried was the following chain on a drum bus:

1176LN-->LA2A-->1073

and the delay compensation was lost. Drum tracks played slower than the rest of the project when the 1073 was added... and played normally when removed.

Using Sonar 5.0.2 (and loving it)... with the VST Beta Adapter v4.5.3

I'll bug this up with the Sonar folk... just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this in Sonar or any other DAW app.

Anyone?

Koisan

1176 said:
You guys must be Nuendo users. I think scrollwheel is part of their VST implementation, I know it does not work at all in DP or Logic. I bet UA had to do something new with the 1073 concentric controls that limited scrollwheel for those particular controls.

:eek: Scroll wheel does not work in DP or Logic :eek:

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
SteveD said:

1176LN-->LA2A-->1073

and the delay compensation was lost. Drum tracks played slower than the rest of the project when the 1073 was added... and played normally when removed.

I'll bug this up with the Sonar folk... just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this in Sonar or any other DAW app.

Anyone?
How good is Sonar's PDC?
The Neve upsamples, and introduces extra latency like the Pultec and the PEQ does, and in Nuendo sync is maintained perfectly - but I have no idea how Sonar works, so am assuming it is to do with the PDC not being quite right?

SteveD

neil wilkes said:
SteveD said:

1176LN-->LA2A-->1073

Anyone?
How good is Sonar's PDC?
The Neve upsamples, and introduces extra latency like the Pultec and the PEQ does, and in Nuendo sync is maintained perfectly - but I have no idea how Sonar works, so am assuming it is to do with the PDC not being quite right?
Thanks for your thoughts Neil. I got this resolved on the SONAR forum and forgot to post it here. SONAR's PDC is excellent, and I've NEVER had sync-ing issues with plugins until the 1073. It turns out that for some reason, the 1073 PDC check box does not default to yes (checked) when the plugin is scanned by the VST adapter.

I used SONAR's plugin manager to check the box for PDC and all is well.

My 14 day trial is just about half over... and I'm loving what the 1073 does to drums and other instruments. Used it last night on a bus for horns with great success. It sounds excellent.

Guess now I have to actually BUY the darn thing. :D

Thanks again Neil.

RWIL

Established Member
A little feature that would be nice I think is; when we click the midrange, low shelf or low cut symbol, we cycle through the available value, so having also the right-click available to go back and forth could be even better...

Cheers,
RW

UAD Bundle Month