• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

1081 Scroll Wheel Question....

profkojo

Just got the 1081. Great Eq but the scroll doesn't seem to work on freq level dial. It works fine on the level input dial. Is this just how it is? Is this something that's gonna be fixed or just the natur of the beast? It's cool but kind of a drag as I can use the scroll whell on all my other UAD plugs.
What's the deal?

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
profkojo said:
Just got the 1081. Great Eq but the scroll doesn't seem to work on freq level dial. It works fine on the level input dial. Is this just how it is? Is this something that's gonna be fixed or just the natur of the beast? It's cool but kind of a drag as I can use the scroll whell on all my other UAD plugs.
What's the deal?
It doesn't work for notched switches. :(

Tony Ostinato

the official word is that it will be fixed 2 updates ago.

oh wait, thats isnt how time works...heh.

my theory back then was that those particular knobs are so delicate and they modeled them so well that they dont want to let you spoil it by using the rather caorse scroll wheel. I still think thats kinda true.

damned if i dont try it every time tho.

Arys Chien

You can call out the control mode (ctrl + shift + righ-click on the little \"e\") then have the mouse scrolling functionning on all parameters.

Arys Chien

profkojo said:
What little "e" do you click on?
The one on the top right corner of Nuendo/Cubase SX's mixer view, which you left-click to launch the plug-in GUI for editing.

profkojo

Found the \"e\" but can't seem to make this happen. Is this a Nuendo 3 thing cuz I'm still on 2? Everything was working so didn't see the need to upgrade. :D

RWIL

Established Member
I dunno for Nuendo but C4 now needs Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Click

RW

Arys Chien

Sorry I typed it wrong....

It's CTRL + SHIFT + \"LEFT-CLICK\" on \"e\", not \"right-click\"....

It's been working since I started using Nuendo 2.

Clicking on the band symbol for each band allows cycling of the concentric knob values (actually easier than scroll wheel, once you know about it). This is true for 1073/1081 1073Se/1081SE.

RWIL

Established Member
1176 said:
Clicking on the band symbol for each band allows cycling of the concentric knob values (actually easier than scroll wheel, once you know about it). This is true for 1073/1081 1073Se/1081SE.
...and holding shift to reverse, that's true, but to say that it's easier, well it's maybe very personal! :wink:

RW

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
RWIL said:
1176 said:
...and holding shift to reverse, that's true, but to say that it's easier, well it's maybe very personal! :wink:

RW

I use my mind to move the knobs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

................. mind control :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: bzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbzzzzzzzzzzzz :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: MIND CONTROL #(*&$(#$&(# :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
High Pass Filter moves to 160hz

Awesom-o

I use my mind to move the knobs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

................. mind control :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: bzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbzzzzzzzzzzzz :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: MIND CONTROL #(*&$(#$&(# :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
High Pass Filter moves to 160hz
I obey, o master :eek:

Arys Chien

imdrecordings said:

Just tried it. Yet my mind power was too strong that, instead of that one knob I wanted to adjust, I moved the whole plug-in GUI to the upper part of the screen..... :eek: Therefore it still sounded the same......

Concentrate on just one knob I must, hmmm...... :x

UAD Bundle Month