3 hours to download app just to complete registration?

reanime

When it takes 3 hrs to download the welcome app using a high speed 950 Mps fiber line and a clean computer, I can't help but suspect the UA server end to be the weak link here which is ironic when the product being registered is focused on having minimal lag time. Is this this the norm?
My confidence in this product and all related future downloads just took a dive. I haven't waited this long for a download since dial-up days. Disappointing

Joe Porto

Hall of Fame Member
Just tested on my FIOS Gb/s connection. UAConnect (215mb) took 2 seconds. UAD 11.2 (8.29GB) too, 1 minute 27 seconds. I'm in USA, east coast.

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
Definitely an anomaly.
On ‘new release’ days, usually in the AM west coast time, their servers can get overwhelmed but generally the downloads take whatever is normal length for ones particular computer and internet connection.

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
When it takes 3 hrs to download the welcome app using a high speed 950 Mps fiber line and a clean computer, I can't help but suspect the UA server end to be the weak link here which is ironic when the product being registered is focused on having minimal lag time. Is this this the norm?
My confidence in this product and all related future downloads just took a dive. I haven't waited this long for a download since dial-up days. Disappointing
Did you try stopping and restarting at any point?? This is certainly a fluke.

swaite

Hall of Fame Member
This doesn’t compute.

Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix.

Reboot!

Neotrope

Established Member
Also note, if you've not done so, try changing your PC/Mac DNS from your ISP to Google / Cloudflare IPs. Seriously.

Bear-Faced Cow

Hall of Fame Member
Have you tried executing a trace route? Considering that you have been around since dial-up, it would be assumed that you know how the internet works and would not think that there is just a giant fibreglass string between your computer and UA's server. You've probably hit a jammed router along the way. It happens.

Like others, downloaded in just over a minute.

jord

swaite

Hall of Fame Member
Many of us have blamed UA for non-UA-related technical issues.

Hope the situation can get reconciled soon. 🤘

swaite

Hall of Fame Member

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member

Neotrope

Established Member
UAD Bundle Month