• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

    Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

    Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

    1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

    2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

    Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

    Lastly, please be respectful.

4.9

Fairlight

Venerated Member
... and bought SPL. Will wait for some more vouchers and / or another promotion before getting PBC
 

Shahi

Active Member
UA addiction strikes again , I am already finding both these plugs quite useful. Ya but $200 is steep. As already I have busted my $50 coupon. :)
 

Fairlight

Venerated Member
I think $200 is VERY reasonable for the TD, especially as it's a licensed plugin and SPL will be wanting a cut of the profits too. I got it for $50 less as I saved my voucher specifically for this. Try comparing this price to the real hardware and compare instances available per card, then you'll realise it's an absolute steal. I would've paid $250 for SPL TD, maybe $300.

I'm also shocked the Precision Bus Compressor is only $200. I was really expecting, again, $250 - $300.

I can't believe people are asking how long before a discount. lol. It's just been released. I'm sure it'll be included in a promotion, sometime in the future.

Cheers,
Peter
 

Shahi

Active Member
Fairlight said:
I can't believe people are asking how long before a discount. lol. It's just been released. I'm sure it'll be included in a promotion, sometime in the future.
Its just people like me who already have stretched pockets due to UAD Plug ins addiction :lol: But I know will go for these plugins soon, as I have been using the Oxford Trans modulator which is very useful, but the SPL-UAD one is far easy to use.

Also I really like the buss compressor for the VCA feature, as I cant really think of another plugin with the same features. I think it would be great as an insert on mastering chain to begin with.
 

Fairlight

Venerated Member
Shahi said:
Fairlight said:
I can't believe people are asking how long before a discount. lol. It's just been released. I'm sure it'll be included in a promotion, sometime in the future.
Its just people like me who already have stretched pockets due to UAD Plug ins addiction :lol: But I know will go for these plugins soon, as I have been using the Oxford Trans modulator which is very useful, but the SPL-UAD one is far easy to use.

Also I really like the buss compressor for the VCA feature, as I cant really think of another plugin with the same features. I think it would be great as an insert on mastering chain to begin with.
Hehe. I too have the UAD addiction... I bought the UAD-1 (Makie Card) with LA-2A and 1176LN with the intent of just using these... Less than a year on, I have nearly EVERY plugin :D

P
 

Fairlight

Venerated Member
lhama said:
Hi, My name is lhama and I am a UADdict.

:oops:
*** APPLAUSE *** You have taken your first step in the right direction of a very long journey :p
 

SoniA

Member
About Precision Buss Compressor

Another UAD merketing strategy...
They doesn't allow to think, putting new plugs at the end of the promotions, and they succeed in selling these that isn't essential, moving on the wave of the hasty enthusiasm.

Sorry UAD but....

No Martini.... No party.....

No dual-mono ? Won't buy !

In this case it's light-years more useful the hardware on mixbus, as Portico and Drawmer (very cheaper and good)... And of course: dual mono!



:D

 

Macc

Established Member
Isn't it criminal to have a marketing strategy that works?! :lol:

I think two weeks is enough time to think. Of course more would be better, but they are entitled to market how they like.
 

Fairlight

Venerated Member
Personally, I think UAD have their marketing strategy absolutely BANG ON. It's as good as it gets & should set the standard for every other company out there, but not everyone will always be pleased 100% of the time. At least 99.9999% ARE most of the time :D

We're not forced to buy and we always have options, based upon our own needs. Maybe next time round it will not suit my needs, but I know sometime soon again, it will.

Cheers,
Peter
 
Re: About Precision Buss Compressor

SoniA said:
No dual-mono ? Won't buy !
Dual-mono in a plugin is totally useless for a plugin. With Hardware you can use it on two mono tracks, but with software just open another plugin.
 

billybk1

Shareholder
Fairlight said:
Personally, I think UAD have their marketing strategy absolutely BANG ON. It's as good as it gets & should set the standard for every other company out there, but not everyone will always be pleased 100% of the time. At least 99.9999% ARE most of the time :D
You are absolutely right! As long as UA pleases most of the people, most of the time I think they will stay successful. There will always be a minority complaining about something, whether it is the price, a particular feature or even the timing of the release. That is just the nature of the beast and you just roll with it. :)
 

SoniA

Member
Re: About Precision Buss Compressor

bröselmind said:
SoniA said:
No dual-mono ? Won't buy !
Dual-mono in a plugin is totally useless for a plugin. With Hardware you can use it on two mono tracks, but with software just open another plugin.
No, you may think with open mind and not only for to use a dual-mono into stereo tracks... Try to use a compressor "unlinked" into mixbus and you instantly notice more deep and wide sound... (try with Fairchild or Neve33609).
I don't hate the UA strategy, but I find a little incoherent don't have a dual-mono function into plugins that want to emulate the analog hardware... As other companies have... 8)
 
UAD Bundle Month
Top