• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

64 bit and my current UAD1 Card

I bought my UAD1 immediately when they released the things several years ago. I really dont think I could record without it.

I have yet to convert my DAW to 64 bit, but it has the capacity. I am concerned about this UAD1 and a few other cards as to whether they will operate properly under 64 bit mode.

Is there a different card needed or is it only a matter of the drivers?

Thanks

G

we are waiting on drivers. they were supposed to be out for XP x64 last release (4.4), but now UA is saying not until sometime in Q4 of 2006.

since its going to take that long they might as well just put vista 64bit drivers out then

billybk1

Shareholder
Yes, the XP64 drivers have been delayed until the next v4.5 update, which will probably be sometime in December. But, the good news is UA will be releasing 64bit drivers, in the near future and the UAD-1 will be compatible, for working in a 64bit environment. 8)

electro77

Venerated Member
I'm wondering if the current UAD-1 and UAD-1e will be able to handle 64bit I/O and higher bitrates when the VST Spec gets updated.

UAD Bundle Month