• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

64bit drivers are'nt installing correctly on XP64

ZION357

Has any one got the new XP64 Drivers 4.5.1 to install correctly? If so How?

I keep getting this error.

Hypkern Returned error 0xe000020B

ZION357

It look like it's installing in the Program Files (X86) Folder.

Native 64bit Programs should install in the 64bit Program Files Folder.

Native 64bit Driver DLL should install in the 64bit DLL folder.

project

the plug-ins are 32 bit but the driver is 64 so that's why it went to the x86 folder. vista put mine in the x86 folder too.

But i have successfully installed the drivers on Vista64. 2 UAD-1's running.

P.S i did get some sort of error like that too but the UAD-1's seem to be working.

ZION357

project said:
the plug-ins are 32 bit but the driver is 64 so that's why it went to the x86 folder. vista put mine in the x86 folder too.

But i have successfully installed the drivers on Vista64. 2 UAD-1's running.

P.S i did get some sort of error like that too but the UAD-1's seem to be working.
Anyone Successfully install on XP64?

billybk1

Shareholder
I got the same error after the install to x64 WinOS. When I re-booted I checked the Device Manager and all (4) of my UAD-1's are listed with a yellow \"!\". When checking the \"Properties\" page and driver status for each UAD-1 device I get:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be missing or corrupted (code 39).

So far, it is a no go with x64. I guess that is why they are beta. There are obviously some bugs to be stamped out.

billybk1

Shareholder
BTW, I might add that I have a dual boot DAW using both Win XP Pro (32bit) and x64 on separate partitions. I installed v4.5.1 beta to both OS's. The 32 bit OS seems to be working fine so far with v4.5.1.

project

I had UAC turned off in Vista64 when i installed. i turned it on just messing around then the UAD-1 drivers wouldn't work. so i turned it back off and they are working again.

would logging on as administrator make a difference in XP64 like it does in Vista?

ZION357

project said:
I had UAC turned off in Vista64 when i installed. i turned it on just messing around then the UAD-1 drivers wouldn't work. so i turned it back off and they are working again.

would logging on as administrator make a difference in XP64 like it does in Vista?
I'm logged on as the administrator.

billybk1

Shareholder
ZION357 said:
project said:

I'm logged on as the administrator.

Me too!

datadog

Same problems in x64 here too. Cards yellowed out in Device manager; same error code on install: 0xE000020B. I'm on a dual boot too.

Big bummer!

E6600 / Intel DP965LT, 4- UAD's, Sonar 6.01 x64, Frontier Dakota (x64 Drivers).

indravayu

Same problem for me w/XPx64 (\"HypAudio Returned error 0xe000020B\"; yellow exclamation mark on UAD card in Device Manager)- very disappointing!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
AMD Athlon 3000+, Gigabyte K8NNXP mobo

project

i wonder if UA only has a Vista64 machine? seems like i am the only one to have a working 64bit driver! :?

billybk1

Shareholder
Cripes, has anybody been able to install and actually use the 4.5.1 beta in XP64 at all? This seems to be a universal problem. I am beginning to wonder if UA even tested this beta with an actual working XP64 system as this seems like an obvious flaw. :?

I submitted the \"Preview Release Feedback Form\" detailing the problem but have not heard anything back yet. I suggest everyone else experiencing the identical problem, using XP64, do the same. The more feedback the quicker the fix:

http://www.uaudio.com/support/software/ ... issue.html

ZION357

billybk1 said:
I submitted the "Preview Release Feedback Form" detailing the problem but have not heard anything back yet. I suggest everyone else experiencing the identical problem, using XP64, do the same. The more feedback the quicker the fix:

http://www.uaudio.com/support/software/ ... issue.html
I submitted also. Same here! Nothing! :x

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Relax, guys, they must be working on it right now, most probably based on your feedback; there's no point in replying to each report separately, yet - the best answer will be a working driver. :wink:

ZION357

Akis said:
Relax, guys, they must be working on it right now, most probably based on your feedback; there's no point in replying to each report separately, yet - the best answer will be a working driver. :wink:
Akis.... Don't tell us to relax. I talked to tech support and the guys there were
waiting to see how many people would respond to know if it is a real issue and let me tell you, they weren't much help. I couldn't get any answers from them. All they would say is no one has reported at the forum. So here we are. We're reporting! As a matter of fact the guy didn't even have an XP64bit
system to check. What does that tell you! I know you don't like to see this topic floating at the top, but thats what this forum is for.

billybk1

Shareholder
ZION357 said:
I talked to tech support and the guys there were
waiting to see how many people would respond to know if it is a real issue and let me tell you, they weren't much help. I couldn't get any answers from them. All they would say is no one has reported at the forum. So here we are. We're reporting!
A real issue? You've got to be kidding right? All they have to do is install 4.5.1 on any XP64 machine and they can see for themselves. The drivers just don't work! I have not seen one report of any user being able to successfully install and use the drivers and not get the "!" after each listed card in the Device Manager.

billybk1

Shareholder
ZION357 said:
As a matter of fact the guy didn't even have an XP64bit system to check. What does that tell you! I know you don't like to see this topic floating at the top, but thats what this forum is for.
Well, at least they were being honest. I kinda surmised that they did not have a XP64 OS to test on or this beta would not have even been released. It is quite obvious for any XP64 user to see that.

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
ZION357 said:
Akis said:
Akis.... Don't tell us to relax. I talked to tech support and the guys there were
waiting to see how many people would respond to know if it is a real issue and let me tell you, they weren't much help. I couldn't get any answers from them. All they would say is no one has reported at the forum. So here we are. We're reporting! As a matter of fact the guy didn't even have an XP64bit
system to check. What does that tell you! I know you don't like to see this topic floating at the top, but thats what this forum is for.
I have absolutely no problem seeing this topic floating at the top; quite the contrary, as it should grab UA's attention. What I said was that they don't really have to reply to each bug report indivivually, especially since you all seem to have the same problem; they should rather get to work immediately. Now, if they don't have an XP64 system to test on... ](*,)

UAD Bundle Month