• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

88RS compresor release time

Awesom-o

I'm trying to set a slow release time on the compressor (3seconds) but the actual release time seems to be much much shorter than that (looking at the gain reduction meter). What's all that about then?

LFranco

Venerated Member
I don't think the meter on the 88RS measures transients very well. I know I've used the slowest release time on certain things and it definitely sounds about right (3 secs).

LFranco

Venerated Member
...also, keep in mind that if you set it all the way to \"3 secs\" you're really in auto-release mode, I get the slowest release time right before the 3 sec mark.

saemskin

Established Member
maybe the meter only measures above a certain threshold. It may very well be releasing 3 seconds long, but the meter only shows part of it.

Macc

Established Member
Isn't it to do with the two stage release? That is, it drops off quickly initially before slowing down?

:)

Awesom-o

Macc said:
Isn't it to do with the two stage release? That is, it drops off quickly initially before slowing down?

:)
Yes I think that's what is happening. The first part of the release is fairly rapid but the second stage is actually taking longer (which doesn't show up very clearly on the meter).

Thanks guys...

UAD Bundle Month