• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

A friendly request to UA about the possibility of a new card

Spacey

Not a demand or anything, just I think maybe it would be nice for UA to clarify any rumours of a future dsp solution, or maybe comment on raising the 4 card limit.

With the new plug's I feel people are going to stop buying anymore as they just won't be able to use them without pushing out other plugs due to dsp.

S4410

The existence of ''heavy'' new plug-ins show that UA is up to something.
I'm afraid they are not ready to announce it yet.
I hope it won't take too long.

afone1977

some UA announcement about new UAD hardware make me so happy,

make me think i can continue purchase plugin, because one instance for one card i think its ridiculous

i expect that liquidmix or nuende is not the solution for the futur,

UA you make new harware gear i say yes,

but what is the next gen for UAD ?

plz

Koed

I'm thinking Dual and QUAD UAD's.
Ever wondered why it's called the UAD-1 ?

My money is on the UAD-2 and UAD-4 :)

guitarz

Koed said:
I'm thinking Dual and QUAD UAD's.
Ever wondered why it's called the UAD-1 ?

My money is on the UAD-2 and UAD-4 :)
That's called buying more cards! :D

But the chip on the UAD card is too hot to cram multiples on a single card. They'll be using a new chip for sure (whenever that day comes).

afone1977

so true,

waiting for the next gen :twisted:

G

afone1977 said:
some UA announcement about new UAD hardware make me so happy,

make me think i can continue purchase plugin, because one instance for one card i think its ridiculous

i expect that liquidmix or nuende is not the solution for the futur,

UA you make new harware gear i say yes,

but what is the next gen for UAD ?

plz
I was trying an experiment the other day looping audio tracks from one DAW through another DAW running Cubase SX 3 with the tracks being processed in real time (using SX as a standalone processor basically) and with the DAW running SX slaved to ADAT sync being generated from the master DAW which was streaming the audio tracks digitally through the sends and returns of the inserts. My *other DAW* which is not shown below is a 4 card Paris system with 72 digital I/O which is interfaced with the Cubase rig that is under my signature. It's a somewhat complicated patching scenario but I was marginally successful. The DAW running SX kept crashing, but not until after it had achieved a long enough playback to actually bounce a song down in a mix, so it is working for me, though a bit painfully at the moment. The clocking of the DAWs *looks to be* spot on, but Paris has some anomalies with clocking from multiple interfaces and also there could be additional complications caused by the upsampling of some of the UAD-1 plugins and their not being resolved back to a previously recorded track. I'm not sure about this right now and I've got some more testing to do. If I can get this situation stabilized, then it *should* be possible to use multiple, commonly clocked, computers running multiple UAD-1 cards as standalone FX processors, limited only by the number of digital I/O available on each computer. This is what I was hoping for years ago when UA announced a UAD card with ADAT I/O. Right now I've achieved this, sort of, because I'm processing about 20 tracks in real time with UAD-1 plugins *through* Cubase SX and back to the master DAW (the Paris system) with Cubase SX acting as a VST host app/FX rack. There's some manual latency compensation necessary in Paris but it's measurable and predictable so it's not too much of a hassle. Working this way is like having an outboard rack of UAD-1 hardware processors to go along with my *other* outboard rack of hardware processors...........and yeah........I know I'm absolutely nuts. You don't have to tell me.
:lol:

afone1977

wow :eek:

amazing, :D

crazy dude :)

Arys Chien

How about a UAD-1 card only expansion unit, like F5D said in another thread? For example, a \"drawer\" that allows us to insert 4 to 7 old UAD-1 AND UAD-1e cards. A cable connects this drawer and the main PCI card in our PC, just like what RME did with the Digiface/Multiface.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
The fact that UA didn't announce a new card doesn't necessarily mean they're not working on one, just that they didn't announce it yet. Think back on Messe, UA didn't make any announcement about the PCIe cards then yet still managed to release the Express & Expert Pak's before TC released their PCIe card. Across the board, UA has also been really good about releasing soon after announcements, much better than most companies are & even than they themselves used to be, so it's not so difficult to imagine that something might already be in the works but that they're waiting to make announcements about it until they're closer to completion.

One thing I will say on the matter, though, is that I don't think a newer card is going to replace the current cards, not with the PCIe cards being so new. A new product will probably be a higher-priced item intended for users that have hit the 4-card limit, while the lower-priced cards will exist beside it for users that want to pay less or don't need all that power. Unfortunately, this also means UA would not be motivated to raise the 4-card limit since that would curb people's interests in this new product.

UAD Bundle Month