• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

A8V vs A8V Deluxe??

Is there any difference in stability/performance using the Asus A8V vs the A8V Deluxe? Everyone that mentions a working setup seems to use the Deluxe. What is the real difference between them that would affect UAD performance?

csl

None. The deluxe has firewire, which is useful for many users, plus extra SATA, which isn't so useful and tends to be disabled by most users, as far as I can tell. If you don't need firewire (or will be happy using a PCI card for it) then the standard version ought to be fine.

There's also the Abit AV8, which is more or less the same, except comes with firewire as standard.

Sixela

Firewire shares PCI slot 1, 5 and AGP, which seems too much for me. I prefer to disable it in my setup with 3 UAD cards.

Firewire shares PCI slot 1, 5 and AGP, which seems too much for me. I prefer to disable it in my setup with 3 UAD cards.
Aren't a lot of people using this setup with a Fireface though? There has to be firewire somewhere.

UAD Bundle Month