• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Any chance 4.4 comes out at the stroke of midnight?

Sid Chigger

Superman
Forum Admin
It's Midnight SOMEWHERE!! :lol:

Horse

Established Member
*pain* ...but then I have to go through the process of contacting UA so that I can get them to reset the system time on my card so that I can try the new demos.

I don't know why, but the first hiccup on my 'puter and I always get that 'system time reset' error.

Damn!

bedhoe

Hmmmm.... I bet they are getting a lot of hits on their website right now... Everyone is itching.

baronluigi

the 15th and still don''t see it, gotta love this set-m up and dissapoint marketing scheme................. I'm sure it will be there when I back from work ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least I hope

jadedbob

it will be there, i'm sure noone is sitting at ua headquarters till midnight just to release this version.
give them time, they always come up with the goods (bar a new uad - but we wait)
joe

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Well, it's 12:45 here in London which means it is still only 4:45 AM in california.
Release will (probably) happen around close of business at UA end of things, so that will indeed be around midnight here.
Not to worry - I can wait. (It helps if I keep telling myself that)

Impatient
London UK
:D

svs95

Shareholder
baronluigi said:
the 15th and still don''t see it, gotta love this set-m up and dissapoint marketing scheme................. I'm sure it will be there when I back from work ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least I hope
I want it to be right, even if it's late a day or three. In this kind of development, everytime you compile a fix you open up another potential can of worms that has to be tested. I don't think UA takes deadlines lightly, but I know from experience that they take quality even more seriously!

svs95

G

i am sure they are not making changes even as late as the day before the release. That would be extremely unprofessional. which they are not.
I wonder what time they open? i want to get this going!

svs95

Shareholder
project said:
i am sure they are not making changes even as late as the day before the release. That would be extremely unprofessional. which they are not.
I wonder what time they open? i want to get this going!
Not if they're fixing a bug that was discovered late in the game. Some bugs are incredibly well-concealed. Fixing the bug, even at the "last-minute" is professional. Releasing buggy software is not professional.

And we say "deadline" and "late" and "last-minute" as though people will die and the world will end if they don't deliver at that arbitrary moment. It's flattering to them that people care, but in the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal. That's my opinion, but then I'm generally laid back about most things. Those of you who enjoy getting panties in a wad, have a field day! :p

svs95

Shareholder
Daviskenn said:
I'm getting impatient...
Why? Are we paying them to release this at a certain time?

As long as my demo starts the day I start using it, and not on the day it was supposed to be released, I'm down with that.

svs95

Daviskenn

Venerated Member
svs95 said:
Daviskenn said:
I'm getting impatient...
Why? Are we paying them to release this at a certain time?

As long as my demo starts the day I start using it, and not on the day it was supposed to be released, I'm down with that.

svs95
Because I have a Mac Pro and the Mac Intel's have been out since March and there hasn't been a Universal Binary for going on seven months now. That's why I'm getting impatient.

G

any changes in the driver would require more beta testing which is why last minute changes are not considered professional because those changes could introduce more bugs. unless it is something extremely simple.

UAD Bundle Month