• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Best Mastering EQ Prescion EQ vs MD3 vs Oxford

seti808

I tried the Prescion EQ demo and I really liked it!

I'm all set to buy it but I was wondering what you guys think of the other ones in comparision?

Dan Duskin

Established Member
for smooth and silky EQ = PrecisionEQ

for clean transparent EQ = MD3

the oxford EQ sounds like the MD3 EQ to me, except not quite as good. it's a killer EQ, but I'd rather use the MD3 over the Oxford for mastering.

wishingwell

seti808 said:
I tried the Prescion EQ demo and I really liked it!

I'm all set to buy it but I was wondering what you guys think of the other ones in comparision?

I have precision eq and i love it, but also feel Plpareq and harmonieq should be worth considering for they are dynamite eq's as well.

Mark Edmonds

For reasonable money, I would definitely say PEQ.

For silly money, Algorithmix or Plpareq.

Be aware that Plpareq is a real CPU hog and IIRC, has large latency. I've got the freebie version they released and even on my Opterons, it registers a significant whack.

Others not mentioned:

PSP Neon, Waves LinEQ. Not really familiar with either of them though I've seen them in action. Wasn't especially blown over that I remember but the environment wasn't cordial.

Mark

UAD Bundle Month