• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Blue Tubes Opinions

siddhu

All the positive, \"you gotta have it\" chatter on the boards seems to be about the UAD stuff, URS, Sonalksis, Waves SSL and MacDSP.

The reason I'm asking is that the Blue Tubes plug ins seem interesting and there's a group buy happening right now.

However I already own a UAD (and will be buying a second card), the Neve EQ and 80's (SSL) compressor from URS, and am about to buy the Sonalksis EQ and Comp.

I try to be very selective about what I buy so I would love to hear what are people's opinions/experiences of the Blue Tubes plug-ins?

Especially how do they compare to the UAD stuff?

The URL for the group buy:

http://store.dontcrack.com/group-buy/?id=1

robi

You do like how they look, don't you?

In the past I just called them crap and I still do so. However, I admit these are not the worst plugins ever and if the whole bundle would go for 99,-- $ I'd say \"go for it\", at least they look nice. But they're not worth what nomad wants for 'em and they can't compete with any of the the other plugins you named.

Fundy

Established Member
If you forget the interface for one moment and close your eyes. Use your ears to determine what is better.

Force must be used also.

Master Yoda.

siddhu

actually, I hate the interfaces.

I prefer \"non vintage emulating\" interfaces that are clean and modern.

Think Sony or Powercore/System 6000 plug-ins.

BTLG

Established Member
Thumbs down. I used to use em, but they're crazy lofi. The compressors don't sound very good at all, and the EQ's are pretty grainy.

The ONLY really useful one was the oilcan echo.

Fundy

Established Member
You can't fault the TC Poco Reverbs and although I haven't heard the Sony Oxford plugs for myself, I have only heard good things about them.

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
BTLG said:
Thumbs down. I used to use em, but they're crazy lofi. The compressors don't sound very good at all, and the EQ's are pretty grainy.

The ONLY really useful one was the oilcan echo.
second the Oil Can...

that reminds me.. 8)

gotta check it..

my car that is. :roll:

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
Call me crazy, but I like the Blue Tubes. They're not even close to clean, nor do they sound anything like what they look like, but they can add a cool color and grit to certain tracks. I could probably do a complete rock mix on them. I really dig the one of the limters they have to make those really clicky tom sounds. I'll post up an example and the plug-in if I get a chance.

UAD Bundle Month