• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Bummer, CD Architect and UAD-1 nogo

jaydrake

Has anyone gotten these two to play together? It's hard for me to believe that I can't use even one instance of UAD-1 in CDA.

Fundy

Established Member
Tell me when if I'm wrong, but does CD Arhitecht 5 or latre support VST effects? I know version 8 of Sound Forge does, although I haven't even used ever since version 5 when it only supported Direct X effects.

You can however find a VST Wrapper and use them that way, however expect some extra latency when doing that.

jaydrake

SF8 comes bundled with CDA 5.2, and SF8 supports VST and ASIO, so it seems like CDA ought to work, but it sputters and chokes with 1 instrance of UAD-1.

tkingen

I believe that CDA does not support VST - only dx. That is the main reason I decided to go with Wavelab

ZION357

jaydrake said:
SF8 comes bundled with CDA 5.2, and SF8 supports VST and ASIO, so it seems like CDA ought to work, but it sputters and chokes with 1 instrance of UAD-1.
You might need to render a temporary image file before burning to disc.
Real time depends on the preformance of you PC.

deepman

Yes, CDA 5.2 does support VST plugins.
I use the UAD on the master buss otherwise it does stutter if you use it on individual audio clips.

But as Zion357 said, it's best to render an image file 1st before burning your disc.

UAD Bundle Month