• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Bye, bye love...

After getting a macpro I had the intention to replace the two UAD-1's I had with PCIe equivalents.

But today, after selling the two cards, I feel more like I should give up with UA and its plugins.

It is not the sound, because I always loved the LA2A, Pultec, Plate140, etc... but I recall that one of the reasons why I bought the first UAD was not only the quality of its plugins, but also the DSP that multiplied the processing capabilities of the AMD desktop I had at the time.

I will be watching for news on a UAD-X card with multiplied DSP power, and there are some graphics cards manufacturers that have just developed a processor chip for graphics cards. Maybe UAD is looking in that direction? I hope so.

I will sincerely miss the great sound but also keep the faith in UA to provide a newer more powerful DSP platform in the near future.

All the best,

Pere Amengual

svs95

Shareholder
I understand how sometimes \"timing is everything!\" UA is \"betwixt and between\" right now, so these things will be happening. Happy trails, pedro, 'till we meet again! We'll send up a signal flare when the UAD-x hits the market.

svs95

UAD Bundle Month