• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Changed PCI slots on my UAD-1 card - software doesn't see it

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
:?:

I just changed PCI slots on my UAD-1 card, but now none of my plug-ins work and the UAD Meter shows that there's no active card connected. The card shows up correctly in Device Manager and I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling several times. I've emailed support, but I'm sure they'll be bogged after the holiday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

System
Athon 64
Gigabyte K8N Pro
1 Gig Corsair TwinX
XP Pro
PTLE
SONAR5

LEX

I think if you move it, you'll have to reapply your registration patch.

Should still work If you move it.

LEX

secretworld

no need to reaply registration, if windows sees it but it doesn´t work, that is just what it is! It is seen but doesn´t respond, wich could be some fatal irq conflict, like when the device it is sharing with doesn´t alow sharing. some cards/devices are like that! I have a network adapter card that if I put it in a certain slot, the pc doesn´t even boot anymore. If your uad shares with something onboard, try disabling it in the bios to see if that helpes.

Dragonsf

Re: Changed PCI slots on my UAD-1 card - software doesn't se

Matt Hepworth said:
:?:

I just changed PCI slots on my UAD-1 card, but now none of my plug-ins work and the UAD Meter shows that there's no active card connected. The card shows up correctly in Device Manager and I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling several times. I've emailed support, but I'm sure they'll be bogged after the holiday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

System
Athon 64
Gigabyte K8N Pro
1 Gig Corsair TwinX
XP Pro
PTLE
SONAR5
Before swapping (after removing), you must reboot windows and uninstall the device. After then, shutdown, insert the card in the new slot and start Windows. YThen you have to install the device and drivers again. Give Windows some time to rearrange the IRQs.

UAD Bundle Month