• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

choise plugin

ice-9

Hi,

I have some good news for myself :roll:
My lady said that i could choose a plugin for my uad for x-mas. Nice eh. But i dont really know which one to choose.
atm i have the projectpack and the la-2a. I was doubting about the cambrige. Any thoughts on that plugin? Or maybe another plugin?

Thanks for any help!

Joost

I wonder if i need to wrap it up first and put it under the tree :!:

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
FWIW, my most used UAD-1 plug-in is the 1176LN, which I find very different to the 1176SE. You could also use your demos to decide.

philwal

I would definitely get the Precision Limiter, which I use a lot. 2nd choice get the Boss/Roland bundle.

will

i couldn't sleep at night without my 1176ln

''is it better than the se''......try guts, balls and soul

will

Akis

ice-9 said:
him said:
Right , 1176N is a must have! :D
is it much better then the SE ?
Yes, I never use the SE - tried once, since the track was fairly low in the mix and I thought I'd save DSP recources, but I just didn't like it even for that.

billybk1

Shareholder
If I had just the Project Pak plugins + LA2A, I would get the 1176LN. That would essentially give you the same plugin bundle as the old Mackie UAD-1 cards. The compressors are the heart and soul of the UAD-1. As a UAD-1 owner, having at least the LA-2A & 1176LN, is a must. :)

After that, I would probably pick the superb EMT Plate 140.

Be careful, acquiring UAD-1 plugins can become an addiction. :p

Big Harpe

I second Billy and others. I would get the 1176LN or if you want a killer and really refreshing reverb check out the Plate 140. Both I couldn't live without, but I enjoy using the plate a lot more than the 1176LN due to its interface. The 1176LN, however, is truly a winner. I'm glad I bought the UAD-1 a while ago so I didn't have to choose like you. Can you ask your lady for two for Christmas, the 1176LN AND the Plate 140? Good luck!!

secretworld

For me nothing comes close to the dreamverb in the box for reverb, and I use the fairchild a lot, love the plate too, but He Santa don´t forget me, I still need the precicions and the rolands...

Ashermusic

philwal said:
I would definitely get the Precision Limiter, which I use a lot. 2nd choice get the Boss/Roland bundle.
The Precision Limiter or the 1176 IMHO also.

baronluigi

1176 then Fairchild

as far as the cambridge, I bought it and never NEVER use it, wish I could give it away!

(So I am NOT recommending the cambridge)

TheHopiWay

baronluigi said:
1176 then Fairchild

as far as the cambridge, I bought it and never NEVER use it, wish I could give it away!

If you want I'll throw in my Cambridge and we could offer a matched stereo pair :wink:

Akis

TheHopiWay said:
baronluigi said:
1176 then Fairchild

If you want I'll throw in my Cambridge and we could offer a matched stereo pair :wink:
:lol:

UAD Bundle Month