• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Colortone Pro Released For Windows

Suntower

Established Member
For anyone who cares. Gotta admit, for $69 USD it seems like a good thing.

Any long term satisfied customers willing to share their opinions?

---JC

sniper

Established Member
just look out if you're on Logic PC.
tried the beta and the GUI is WAY too buggy!
loss of mouse arrow when editing parameters, nothing to do but ctrl+alt+delete since the whole logic enviroment becomes uncontrollable.

BUT it sounded great though!

Ericcc

I have it and all I can say is : get it ! It really is great to have for coloring your tracks. The only thing better is the real hardware or real dynamic convolution like a Sintefex and we all know what that costs :)
It works as a charm here.

Sonic

Ericcc, what system do you have?

Sonic

Does any other user happy with Colortone?

Sonic

Bump

mammath

I just purchased it :D . The introductory price ends today. Sonic, you should really download the demo and test it.

Suntower

Established Member
mammath said:
I just purchased it :D . The introductory price ends today. Sonic, you should really download the demo and test it.
I downloaded the demo and loved it. Then I went out of town. I read your message and immediately tried to purchase but was told the intro offer had just expired 6 hrs before (according to -their- time zone.)

It's not about the dosh, but that just seems ---so--- petty I decided against it entirely. It's always amazing to me how customer-unfriendly most music software firms can be.

Someone needs to take a Dale Carnegie course.

---JC

PS: Not you UA. You guys -rule-.

brian

The TriTone guys are very nice and reasonable...it is probably worth shooting them an email and explaining what happened. Maybe you can still get the intro price?

I'm pretty addicted to CTPro these days, it really is a fast and easy way of shaping the tone of a track without having to use multiple plugins.

mammath

Agreed, brian. I tested it for about two weeks. Afterwards, I just couldn't do without it. If you need a plug which provides variable character, this baby is it! And the luxury of importing your own impulses creates endless possibilities for tone shaping.

Suntower, sorry that you decided against it (especially considering your appreciation for it). You'd obviously have options if you're on a mac. But if you're on a PC, as I am, then I can't think of anything that outdoes CT Pro. I'm just glad they decided to do a windows version afterall!

Suntower

Established Member
brian said:
The TriTone guys are very nice and reasonable...it is probably worth shooting them an email and explaining what happened. Maybe you can still get the intro price?
Tried that. Was told that was being unfair to others.

As a converse: The guys at UA, Alexey @ Voxengo, etc. -always- are willing to bend a little bit if asked nicely. -That's- customer service. I'd rather give them my money. Maybe I'm wrong... maybe they were just having a bad day, but after 6 years and about 60 crap experiences with DAW type vendors, I've become fairly militant about it. If you want -my- money, ya gotta be nice.

The truth is? None of us -need- most of this crap in order to make great music.

But thanks to -you- for the recommendation.

---JC

Edit: Just received an e-mail from Damon and we had a spirited back and forth. And let's just say, that only reinforced my decision not to do business with 'em.

UAD Bundle Month