Connect hosed itself...

UA_User

(Windoze)

Interesting... a UA Connect updater of some sort randomly appeared (on top of graphics software I was working in at the time), and began installing an update.

UA Connect has not worked since. Multiple restarts do not help.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

gmontano

Seeing something similar. If I force quit UA Connect in Task manager, I can then open it. If I close UA connect, can't re open without force quitting again.

thebeesknees22

(Windoze)

Interesting... a UA Connect updater of some sort randomly appeared (on top of graphics software I was working in at the time), and began installing an update.

UA Connect has not worked since. Multiple restarts do not help.

Anyone else experience this?
It's kinda normal in my experience. Every so often I have to trash UA connect every so often and just re-install it. It hasn't been as often recently though

UA_User

Seeing something similar. If I force quit UA Connect in Task manager, I can then open it. If I close UA connect, can't re open without force quitting again.
Thanks for the reply.

I've played with task manager, and found that each time UA Connect is run, it makes a new process (without limits on how many). All of them have to be force quit, then UA Connect will usually run.

UA_User

It's kinda normal in my experience. Every so often I have to trash UA connect every so often and just re-install it. It hasn't been as often recently though
Good to know. It had worked perfectly since I had gotten the Apollo awhile back, until it updated itself.

jonchristopherhughes

seems like i'm having this issue as well. i do use luna. i can't get it to open because ua connect will not launch correctly.

have been trying all day to get it to work. have tried everything suggested here.

had no idea it could update itself but guessing maybe that happened ?

my rig has been so stable for 2 years until this morning. last night i was tracking drums and mixing and this morning i tried to open luna and haven't been able to get past the first screen. always says ua connect failed to launch.

i thought before i was able to skip ua connect and just get to luna but that option is gone now.

UA_User

No Mac, and hence no Luna here, so I have no idea. Interesting that Connect problems happened to you about the same time, though (I read your thread). Hope it gets sorted...

FYI, UA Connect is still broken here, and won't start unless a bunch of UA processes in Task Manager are force quit first.

jonchristopherhughes

No Mac, and hence no Luna here, so I have no idea. Interesting that Connect problems happened to you about the same time, though (I read your thread).

Hope it gets sorted...

FYI, UA Connect is still broken here, and won't start unless a bunch of UA processes in Task Manager are force quit first.

interesting. hmm. i might have to see if i can force quit some ua stuff and see if i can get it to launch that way.

i tried force quitting ua cloud help and a few others that were suggested to me. still wouldn't launch ua connect.

thanks for the input.

UA_User

interesting. hmm. i might have to see if i can force quit some ua stuff and see if i can get it to launch that way.

i tried force quitting ua cloud help and a few others that were suggested to me. still wouldn't launch ua connect.

thanks for the input.
May as well try force quitting all UA related stuff (I don't have to force quit drivers though).

Windows 11, Cubase pro 13

Same, I booted up Cubase, then a few seconds later UAD Connect did an update. UAD Connect seems to be running in the background, and my spark plugins work, but the desktop shortcut doesn't work. If I go to the startup system tray in the bottom right corner it is running, and if I click on the UAD icon it opens up the UAD Connect app....tried doing a proper uninstall, reinstall, and the new desktop shortcut still doesn't work, very strange indeed. Hope they get it fixed soon.

UA_User

If I go to the startup system tray in the bottom right corner it is running, and if I click on the UAD icon it opens up the UAD Connect app....tried doing a proper uninstall, reinstall, and the new desktop shortcut still doesn't work, very strange indeed. Hope they get it fixed soon.
Confirmed. Connect interface opens up if it can be found in the tray. Thanks for discovering that.

(BTW, plugins never had a problem working, just the Connect interface)

So now I'm thinking, maybe the updated version simply autoruns on startup?

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
UAD connect also not running here on windows 10. I gave up for now.

UA_User

Confirmed. Connect interface opens up if it can be found in the tray. Thanks for discovering that.

(BTW, plugins never had a problem working, just the Connect interface)

So now I'm thinking, maybe the updated version simply autoruns on startup?
Solution for now if quicker access is desired: right-click taskbar > "other system tray icons" > turn UA Connect 'on'

UAD Bundle Month