• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

CPU load issue

Stomper

i was always under the impression that if i have 2 cards (or more) the cpu usage will be divided between them so i could exploit the most of them.
today ive opend the 33609 on a single track and suddenly everything turned into noise. i almost didnt use any plugins and i have noises? i checked the uad-1 meter and saw im only on 80% so ive opened the uad-1 information window and saw that card2 (PCIe) cpu load is 102 while card1 (PCI) cpu load is only 63%. when i closed the 33609 i realised that this plugin takes about 65%!! (defult settings), card2 load dropped to 37%. i just cant understand why the cpu load wasnt devided between them. that means i realy cant exploit maximum work of the cards, whenever one exceeds its limit that is it, no metter how much i have left to use in the other one.

BTW: i checked the 33609 in a new and uad free project. in that one it took 50% of the cpu load. about 15% less. so it seems like the cpu load isnt effected by every plugin separately.

marQs

Shareholder
Hi Stomper, fact is that one plug needs to be calculated on one card. The processing cannot be split up over multiple cards, that's 'normal' behaviour.
A workaround for this is to disable light plugs, enable dsp hogs like 33609 first and then re-enable the lighter ones for re-balancing the load between the cards. Do a forum search for 'load balancing' and see what's to appear on your screen :mrgreen:

33609 takes 50% of a card on a mono track, 67% in stereo.

Stomper

marQs said:
Hi Stomper, fact is that one plug needs to be calculated on one card. The processing cannot be split up over multiple cards, that's 'normal' behaviour.
A workaround for this is to disable light plugs, enable dsp hogs like 33609 first and then re-enable the lighter ones for re-balancing the load between the cards. Do a forum search for 'load balancing' and see what's to appear on your screen :mrgreen:

33609 takes 50% of a card on a mono track, 67% in stereo.
thnx for the balnce advice. didnt thought about it.

on both cases for me ive opened the 33609 in stereo. also, i use C4 and from what i understood there is no cpu diffrence between mono and stereo in cubase and nuendo.

marQs

Shareholder
Stomper said:
on both cases for me ive opened the 33609 in stereo. also, i use C4 and from what i understood there is no cpu diffrence between mono and stereo in cubase and nuendo.
... perhaps you opened the stereo version on a mono track?!?

Before my last post I quickly re-checked it in Wavelab and had 50/67% for mono/stereo application. The thing 'bout Cubase/Nuendo (and other sequencers, but not all) is that you don't have to install the mono versions explicitly due to most hosts managing this automatically - with less dsp usage on mono tracks!
Have re-checked it in C4 and found the same behaviour.

UAD Bundle Month