• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

CPU overload in new Neve on Nuendo 3

jwnc

hi,

I am trying out the new Neve compressor on Nuendo 3 and on certain sessions as soon as I insert the neve the cpu starts to jump to 100 % and continue to do it. The cpu will be on 30% and then it just goes nuts. My UAD card has plenty of room left on it. It only does it on certain sessions it seems. If I use it in a session that has no plug ins it seems to work fine.

I will have to test alittle more to see if I can find the missing link.

Jason

Mark Edmonds

Make sure you have load limiting enabled in the UAD applet and check the exact loading on the card or cards. Only time I've seen what you describe was when I overloaded the UAD CPU and had the warning switch off.

Mark

jwnc

Mark,

Good call I think that was it.. Is there anyway to assign certain plug ins to certain cards to optimize where the power goes?

Thanks
Jason

I just tried it and at 48k it took up 35% CPU on my 2 cards I guess that is in line with the predicted \"70%\" usage for one instance on one card. That seriously doesnt leave much wiggle room for those of us already maxing out 2 or 3 cards WITHOUT this thing! But man it sounds sweet ;) I will definately need to add another card or 2 if I want to seriously consider using this plug. but that makes 96k out of the question :(( Please UA, MORE POWER!!!!!

UAD Bundle Month