• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Crackles pops and all these good well known friends...

hulahup

HI all,

I thought it wouod be interested to share my last tests.
(please Check my signature for my hardware setup)
After having finally fixed all my crackles problems, I still kept having crackles when rendering using any Precison plugin (i have all three).
I just tried today to render, using \"real time rendering\"...And no more crackles at all.
I just do not know why , but well it works. Maybe this can be useful to people having the same kind of problems.

Manu

Basementmedia

Crackles

Hi Hulahup,

i have also problems with crackles, pops and audio interrupts.
Can you give me some suggestions / tips what to to to get rid of this annoying noise?

Heres my system:

Cubase 3.0 SX (+ latest update installed + using latest ASIO driver of RME Fireface)
Matrox P750 (+ latest driver)
RME Fireface 800 (+ latest driver)
Motherboard: MSI 865PE NEO 3 (SKT775 chipset)
2048 MB Kingston DDR (400 Mhz)
Intel Pentium 4 3,0 Ghz 2MB Cache, 800 Mhz FSB
Power supply: Antec ATX SL350PEC (350 W)

+ 1 x UAD 1 (with latest software 4.3 installed)

... and here's what i have already tried to say goodbye to all those crackles and pops:

• Changing the PCI-slot (All 3 available PCI slots with the same results). In currently used PCI slot the UAD shares IRQ with USB-Controller which isn't used by any USB-Device
  • Experimenting with different PCI Latency settings for Firewire-Card (Fireface is connected to) and UAD-Card
  • Experimenting with different ASIO BUFFER settings - even with the current setting of 1048 samples i have these annoying crackles!!

I'm slightly going mad if this noise doesn't leave the chassis of my computer :evil:

Any idea / suggestion would be appreciated

Thanx and greetings

Daniel

hulahup

Hi Daniel,

There are many tips you can use. Do a search on this forum using \"crackles\" \"glitch\",\"pops\" etc.. as keywords. You'll fin a lot of useful informations and tools that can help.
Check also working setups forum.
To get rid of my problems, i tried many many tips.
Even today, i keep having some crackles from time to time using specific plugs.
First thing is to update all your drivers (cards, MB..Everything). Then you can try other cards (video card:is it AGP, Pcie?..Try different ones if you can).
I don't know a lo about Pentium based configs problems, as i have an AMD based computer.
Good luck !

UAD Bundle Month