Curious if there are others out there using multiple displays with LUNA?

kellbenn

wouldn't it be good to have the alternate display(s) track the main display's edits and selections? am I missing something?

m3medic

I have two displays and three views. It’s AWESOME! I actually appreciate that it doesn’t sync across the displays/views. Three totally separate workspaces. One view has my timeline with the focus track active, one all my busses and the other is the complete mixer. I’d personally rather select anything I’m working on in the window manually anyway. I return the selection to Main after I’m done edits or adjustments so I always know where it is and if I screw something up it happening there vs anywhere else. I also use a submix bus so there is very little on the main bus. I’ve made come unexpected changes in other DAWs when I’ve accidentally selected a DAW window while working in a totally different application and screwed a lot of stuff up.

kellbenn

I have two displays and three views. It’s AWESOME! I actually appreciate that it doesn’t sync across the displays/views. Three totally separate workspaces. One view has my timeline with the focus track active, one all my busses and the other is the complete mixer. I’d personally rather select anything I’m working on in the window manually anyway. I return the selection to Main after I’m done edits or adjustments so I always know where it is and if I screw something up it happening there vs anywhere else. I also use a submix bus so there is very little on the main bus. I’ve made come unexpected changes in other DAWs when I’ve accidentally selected a DAW window while working in a totally different application and screwed a lot of stuff up.
thanks for the reply. It totally helps to hear another persons perspective. Btw... how do you like your Tascam Model 12. Do you use that as a control surface or extra inputs?

m3medic

You bet!
I really like the 12. I’ve had a mixer forever for I/O and direct monitoring guitars and bass. I couldn’t stand the cables pointing upward and this was one a the few that had all the jacks on the back and not top.

Haven’t tried it for DAW control but every controller I’ve tried just seems to sit there and I use the mouse or the new “widget” I got a few weeks ago since I’m out of decent desk space.
Rollermouse This is also why I appreciate that the windows stay separate. That mouse is touchy. lol.

UAD Bundle Month