• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Delay plugin?

al1

I know UA's kindly given us the Space Echo, but I could really use a good clean sounding delay plugin with tap tempo, I have the waves supertap which is ok and I'm on vst so can't use any fancy tdm plugs.

Anyone else looking for a good delay plugin with tap tempo/bpm sync?

Macc

Established Member
Analogic and Bionic Delay are nice as well as the Kjerhaus one :)

Also Voxengo's free delay (the old one) is very good, but I forget the name :oops:

Doublehelix

PSP all the way baby!!! I have both Lexicon Delays and the 608 multidelay. Very nice.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
DM-1 and DM-1L are still amongst my favorite UAD plug-ins. The filters are smoother than the Kjaerhus one's and they just somehow sound more like my hardware digital delays. Even the Steinberg Dual Delay sounds better than the Kjaerhus one to me.

taylor

sound toys Echo Boy...................

delay with all sorts of flavors and so fun to use...

RWIL

Established Member
taylor said:
sound toys Echo Boy...................

delay with all sorts of flavors and so fun to use...
No VST it seems?
I agree with Eric that DM-1 and DM-1L still really nice. As a Cubase 4 user, the new stuff around delay are pretty usefull and easy to use either.
I'll have to try again the PSP ones...

kleinholgi

Shareholder
Would also love a nice clean UAD Delay Plug in.
Since IMO this would mainly cost some memory of the card but must not be very DSP intensive, it could well be used alongside the other ones.

The Roland Tape Delay is very vintage-like and expensive. Not what I´m searching for.

Some multitap and complex routing&filtering options like on the modern Roland SDE 330 would be beautiful (anyway if it has to be an emulation of existing hardware, that´d be the unit I´d be spying on).

So thumbs up for the idea.

But as always, I´m not getting tired of repeating :

Please :

REM: Christmas Wishlist*

1. New powerful DSP concept
2. Solution for Load balancing

Only after that put development pressure on new plugins.

REM:Christmas Wishlist END

saemskin

Established Member
More Feedback Machine sound just as good as PSP 608, has alot more options and flexibility, and uses half the cpu cycles.

http://www.u-he.com/mfm/

Best delay ever made. Fabfilter's Timeless comes close, but is only dual delay lines, this one has 4.

TheHopiWay

I'd love one with the same tap approach as the cheap leicon MPX 100.
Tap the tempo in 1/4 notes and turn the selector knob to choose 1/4, dotted 1/8th, triplets, tape slap etc.
Fast and easy.

tkingen

The free delay from db-audioware.com is one of the best freebies in the world. It's not tap tempo, but once you enter in the tempo it has the other adjustable settings you want.

UAD Bundle Month