• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Demo restart possible (?)

I would like to ask if anyone knows if demo periods do restart when another card is added to the DAW. I don't remember very well but I think that the answer is negative.

There are some plugins that I tried long ago (maybe already two years) and I don't quite remember how they sounded.

If the answer is negative I think that this could be a good idea to implement.

What do you think? I am not begging or anything (specially after the 201 debate), only that the thought came to my mind when evaluating the possibility to buy a Flexipack for a third card and using the voucher to get the mastering bundle. The question is that I don't remember exactly how the three plugins sound and I also haven't been able to try all of them together because I activated them in different time periods.

While a maximum of three restarts (one for every new card added to the system) wouldn't hurt any sales, they might provide another opportunity to evaluate the products and could serve as extra \"bait\" for long time users.

Of course, I would like to repeat that this is not another begging thread. Only a random thought I had, ok? ;)

billybk1

Shareholder
Hey pedro,
I would email UA support directly, explain the situation and politely request to have the 14-day demo's re-started for those plugins that you are interested in. There have been UAD-1 users, that have stated that UA has done this, in the past, on a case, by case basis.
The key is you have to formally request it through UA support. If approved, they will send you a patch file that will re-activate a demo.

Holly

pedro trotz said:
I would like to ask if anyone knows if demo periods do restart when another card is added to the DAW. I don't remember very well but I think that the answer is negative.
You are right, the demo period doesn't start again with a new card, but you can remove the first card and only run the second for a while. Like this, you're able to demo all the plugins again. :wink:

Holly

UAD Bundle Month