• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Distortion after 2nd card added

tunetown

I was running out of DSP on a project so I added a second card and now the channels running UAD plugs are distorting. When I bypass the plugs the distortion goes. What have I done wrong??

1 card had irq 17 on its own, the other shares 18 with sata raid controller which is not used.

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Raymond

We had the same issue after adding a second HDSP in our DAW. We got rid of it by changing latency but we didn't felt comfortable with it so we decided to swap the HDSP cards in a different slot.

End result: back to the old latency (talking about MIN_GNT) not audio) and no more distortion.

Have a look at this article about latency and UAD

tunetown

Thanks Raymond. I'll go through my PCI latency and see if that fixes it. Hopefully it will be that simple. Strange how this has only occured since adding my second card.

Cheers

secretworld

the other shares 18 with sata raid controller which is not used
Do you mean installed but not used or disabled in the bios. Should be the last! Some raid controlers check the bus constantly even if there is nothing atached to them. If you do need the controler, do disable it just for checking. If it helpes you know it´s an IRQ conflict and you have to shufle your cards.

jaydrake

Tunetown,

I'm not sure which slots you are using, but I am using slot 3 for my RME Hammerfall and slots 2 and 4 for my UAD-1's successfully. One of the UAD-1's shares with the Promise RAID controller, but it doesn't seem to bother it. If you'd like, I can give you all of my pci latency settings, etc....

tunetown

Thanks all. I checked my pci latency and seemed ok. I had another reshuffle and had 1 card share with video and 1 with RME. I didn't like that but no distortion. I tried another combination and again, no distortion. I went back to the origination configuration and no distortion. Not sure what it was but its fixed. Bloody computers.

Cheers

UAD Bundle Month