• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Do I get to keep the Signature Bundle if I sell my hardware?

marcouad

Sorry to make a separate post about this, but I asked support this question 10 days ago and have received no reply.

I already have about 80% of Sig through buying the DSP versions. If I sell my Apollo and DSP plugins, I obviously lose those. What I’m concerned about is Sig will be merged with the Native plugins I already have and then I will lose the duplicates if I sell, leaving me only with the difference ie the 20% that I don’t currently have.

If this idea sounds ridiculous to you, it has already happened to me with my DSP plugins when I bought a Satellite Octo which had a large number of plugins attached to it. I paid a lot of money for the used Octo because of the plugins that came with it. I didn’t realise that when I registered the Satellite the plugins woiuld all be merged with the many plugins I had already bought. This meant that all the plugins were now attached to one device (Apollo) or the other (Satellite) .More than 25 of the plugins that came with the Satellite were duplicates and, as part of this merging process, were wiped out. If you think about it they’d been paid for twice and yet I lost them. Now my Satellite is worth less than 33 to 50% of what I paid. Support said this procedure could not be undone, even though there is a clear list of what plugins were registered that day. (Apologies if you’ve already heard my sorry tale)

So now I‘m hesitant about buying the Sig Bundle in case the same(-ish) thing happens again. I have set up a 2nd user here and with iLok with which I could buy the Bundle and keep them ‘safe’ but that would mean I couldn’t use the new ones at the same time as my current plugins.

I would like an answer because Black Friday sale days are coming to an end shortly.

Right now I sound like A clanging gong. Because Support is silent. Please give me my answer then I’ll go away (hoorah!) and delete this shitty post

Thanks

electro77

Venerated Member
Sorry to make a separate post about this, but I asked support this question 10 days ago and have received no reply.

I already have about 80% of Sig through buying the DSP versions. If I sell my Apollo and DSP plugins, I obviously lose those. What I’m concerned about is Sig will be merged with the Native plugins I already have and then I will lose the duplicates if I sell, leaving me only with the difference ie the 20% that I don’t currently have.
You can't sell plugins. They remain in your account. I believe a group can have up to 6 registered DSP devices.

marcouad

Perhaps I haven’t been clear enough, I‘m talking about selling my plugins with my hardware (Apollo and Satellite)

I’m looking for help from Drew/Universal Audio - because everyone else will be guessing
Thanks

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Perhaps I haven’t been clear enough, I‘m talking about selling my plugins with my hardware (Apollo and Satellite)

I’m looking for help from Drew/Universal Audio - because everyone else will be guessing
Thanks
If you sell with plugins, you have to surrender all native licenses that are tied to DSP plugins.

Last edited:

marcouad

If you sell with plugins, you have to surrender all native licenses.
Yes I realise this. I already own 80% of the Sig Bundle. When I buy the Bundle, what happens to the duplicates? (Last time they were merged) What happens to the duplicates in the Sig Bundle when I sell the hardware?

UniversalAudio

Yes I realise this. I already own 80% of the Sig Bundle. When I buy the Bundle, what happens to the duplicates? (Last time they were merged) What happens to the duplicates in the Sig Bundle when I sell the hardware?
Support will give the detailed definitive answer.

marcouad

I asked them 10 days ago, but no response. I imagine it would take about 2 minutes to read, look it up, and let me know. Time is getting short re Black Friday. Making a new user would ring fence the Sig plugins, but I’d like to use them alongside my current ones for obvious reasons. Can you chase it up for me please? #777661

marcouad

Hi Drew. Just heard from Sam and it was the worst news possible. I would lose the all the duplicates, just like I did last time with DSP plugins. I don’t think I’ve got the stomach for this anymore. Thanks for your help

electro77

Venerated Member
Hi Drew. Just heard from Sam and it was the worst news possible. I would lose the all the duplicates, just like I did last time with DSP plugins. I don’t think I’ve got the stomach for this anymore. Thanks for your help
The way to avoid that might have been a brand new account instead of merging the two.

UniversalAudio

I asked them 10 days ago, but no response. I imagine it would take about 2 minutes to read, look it up, and let me know. Time is getting short re Black Friday. Making a new user would ring fence the Sig plugins, but I’d like to use them alongside my current ones for obvious reasons. Can you chase it up for me please? #777661
They replied today.

marcouad

They replied today.
Yeah, see my post, a few above yours. They replied shortly after I spoke to you.

”Hi Drew. Just heard from Sam and it was the worst news possible. I would lose the all the duplicates, just like I did last time with DSP plugins. I don’t think I’ve got the stomach for this anymore. Thanks for your help”

UniversalAudio

Yeah, see my post, a few above yours. They replied shortly after I spoke to you.

”Hi Drew. Just heard from Sam and it was the worst news possible. I would lose the all the duplicates, just like I did last time with DSP plugins. I don’t think I’ve got the stomach for this anymore. Thanks for your help”
Sorry it wasn't better news.

RogueM

Venerated Member
I have set up a 2nd user here and with iLok with which I could buy the Bundle and keep them ‘safe’ but that would mean I couldn’t use the new ones at the same time as my current plugins.
Actually this is possible. Create a secondary user on your Mac, log into it, and fire up the iLok manager to open up a cloud session. This will create a ‘guest’ cloud session on the machine, available to your primary user, permanently so (until that iLok user’s cloud is moved or closed at least). Pertly sure multiple physical iLoks would do the trick too.

marcouad

Actually this is possible. Create a secondary user on your Mac, log into it, and fire up the iLok manager to open up a cloud session. This will create a ‘guest’ cloud session on the machine, available to your primary user, permanently so (until that iLok user’s cloud is moved or closed at least). Pertly sure multiple physical iLoks would do the trick too.
That’s interesting, thanks

UAD Bundle Month