• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Dreamverb needs a better (simpler!) GUI

csl

I was just thinking a minute ago about just how little I use Dreamverb these days - I just can't be bothered twiddling with the over-abundent options - room materials, shape, size, EQ etc.

I love the simple interface of the RS-1 plugin - all the controls you need as simple dials. I just wish we could use the more complex Dreamverb algo with the RS-1 controls. If I need to sculpt the reverb sound further rather than just roll off the highs, I can always put an EQ in the channel.

Does anyone else share this view? I'm sure Dreamverb would get much more use if the GUI wasn't so cluttered and convoluted.

secretworld

No don´t take my dreamverb aaahhhh.
Ok if I can keep the complex one, I don´t mind a simple one, but I don´t realy need it. Why don´t you start with a preset you like and go from there? Or just use the parameters you need.

csl

By all means keep the current GUI, but adding a DV-1 or something, similar to the RS-1 controls, would be very welcome to me. The Plate's GUI is also much more intuitive for me.

djsynchro

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it's complicated at all - took me 10 minutes to work it out.
All the parameters do something useful to the sound. If you don't want to change them, don't change them... :D

svs95

Shareholder
djsynchro said:
I don't think it's complicated at all - took me 10 minutes to work it out.
All the parameters do something useful to the sound. If you don't want to change them, don't change them... :D
You took the words right out of my mouth...er fingertips. :)

svs95

svs95

Shareholder
csl said:
Look, I'm not saying it's complex - I'm fully capable of working out what each control does to the sound.

Okay, it seems I'm the only one then... forget it.
I'm sorry, I thought it was a complaint about DreamVerb, but I like your idea as an additional plug-in for quick and easy use perhaps on tracks in a mix. If that's what you had in mind, I second it.

You should send your suggestion directly to UA. They do welcome useful suggestions.

svs95

guitarz

csl said:
I just wish we could use the more complex Dreamverb algo with the RS-1 controls.
I'd like to see UA put out a convolution reverb with a nice, simple UI (but properly done IR files).

Sure, lots of people use algorithmic reverb (Lexicon, Dreamverb, etc), but many also choose or prefer the realism of convultion reverb (done right like Altiverb, not the crap IR files you find with the free SIR app). I believe a convolution reverb plug would be another nice addition to the UA stable.

csl

I'm sorry, I thought it was a complaint about DreamVerb, but I like your idea as an additional plug-in for quick and easy use perhaps on tracks in a mix. If that's what you had in mind, I second it.

You should send your suggestion directly to UA. They do welcome useful suggestions.

svs95
oh, i'll drop them a line then and see what they think. I was spurred on by (and hopefully I didn't just imagine this - it's possible) the idea that RS-1 basically had the early reflection engine of realverb pro repackaged in a simpler GUI. So somthing similar for Dreamverb (with the reverb tail though, not just the ER) would be cool IMO.

olafmol

i agree with the OP, i also would like to see an *alternative* simple GUI for the dreamverb.... where only a few controls for the most important parameters

Olaf

svs95

Shareholder
These guys don't want to change DV, they just want another plug-in, a \"fast and dirty\" little GUI for track inserts on a very large project - one that has very few variables, but uses the same reverb engine as the DV. I kind of like that idea too.

svs95

Fundy

Established Member
That's like a neat idea, meaning your reverbs per UAD processor could be doubled or more. Although I also think a better delay plug-in could be made, a bit like PSP 84 or something such like.

UAD Bundle Month