• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

DSP / Console (UAD-2) plugin format?

Hi!

To save disk space, I want to delete all plugins I don't use (like e.g. aax).
I use logic, so will keep the AU files.

Question: what plugin format are the plugins that are loaded in console, and where are they stored by default (on a mac)?

Thank you!

Rainflower

Established Member
did you try to hide them in the plugin panel?

hiding them only works in console, in logic i still see the whole list. plus logic doesnt use the vst or vst3 files, so they can all be deleted I'd say, unlessss console uses them. Hence my question!

mrufino1

If I remember correctly, the console plugins are their own format and you can’t delete them. You can go into your plugin folders in the libraries and delete all of the vst, vst3, and aax without causing any issue for console. I also use logic and do the same thing.

You can delete, or move, the au that you don’t want to see in logic if it is an issue with disk space, or if you want to keep them in case you want to demo, then you can use logic’s plugin manager, as shown above, to hide the ones you don’t want to see. I’ve done both of those sometimes. I just installed the update, so I left all of the au but got rid of the other formats.

I use custom categories in logic for most of my plugins anyway, but some of the newer plugs I’ve acquired havent gotten there yet, so I understand the frustration of scrolling through that list.

I used to use plugsearch, by speakerfood so that I could insert plugins by typing in their name, but it was causing an issue with cpu and ram usage over the summer and I deleted it because I wasn’t able to troubleshoot at that point. With my downtime in the next few weeks I’ll be organizing plugins, testing out things that have issues this year, and other things like that.

marcouad

If I remember correctly, the console plugins are their own format and you can’t delete them. You can go into your plugin folders in the libraries and delete all of the vst, vst3, and aax without causing any issue for console. I also use logic and do the same thing.

You can delete, or move, the au that you don’t want to see in logic if it is an issue with disk space, or if you want to keep them in case you want to demo, then you can use logic’s plugin manager, as shown above, to hide the ones you don’t want to see. I’ve done both of those sometimes. I just installed the update, so I left all of the au but got rid of the other formats.

I use custom categories in logic for most of my plugins anyway, but some of the newer plugs I’ve acquired havent gotten there yet, so I understand the frustration of scrolling through that list.

I used to use plugsearch, by speakerfood so that I could insert plugins by typing in their name, but it was causing an issue with cpu and ram usage over the summer and I deleted it because I wasn’t able to troubleshoot at that point. With my downtime in the next few weeks I’ll be organizing plugins, testing out things that have issues this year, and other things like that.
Let us know the setup that you settle on and how you got there. Every one of us is in this boat. Cheers 😊

UAD Bundle Month