• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

EX-1 LOUD Noise!!!

Sonic

I'm using v4.4.1 with Cubase 4 and sometimes when open EX-1 it gets a very loud noise, like happen sometime ago with Plate 140...
Does anybody had this issue??

Fundy

Established Member
Perhaps it's latency or the sound buffers aren't being properly flushed in some instances. Although I must admit I have stopped using EX-1 since I have a better plug-in for that sort of thing now.

Sonic

I had tryed with differente buffer sizes and the problem persists...
I think the problem happens when i change in the low frequence...

Fundy

Established Member
Make sure none of the EQ band frequency settings are not set below 20Hz, your speakers will certainly not produce any sound below that. You can disable/enable each band as required. You would expect silence but the EQ section still tries to generate a sound. I hope that helps. If you look at the default frequencies they are set to 1hz. Which is something which I find strange. Why allow control of subharmonic frequencies that can not be heard and merely only felt. But there you go.

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Fundy said:
Make sure none of the EQ band frequency settings are not set below 20Hz, your speakers will certainly not produce any sound below that. You can disable/enable each band as required. You would expect silence but the EQ section still tries to generate a sound. I hope that helps. If you look at the default frequencies they are set to 1hz. Which is something which I find strange. Why allow control of subharmonic frequencies that can not be heard and merely only felt. But there you go.
The lowest frequency you can set the EX-1 EQ to is 20Hz; the lowest default one is 160Hz.

Sonic

Do you remember the big issue with Plate 140? The loud noise?
The same appears with ex-1...
Does anybody had this issue too??

Fundy

Established Member
Well my version must be a mutant then, my one goes all the way down to 1Hz. I should post a picture somewhere.
:roll:

It seems to exhibit this behavouir on the initial view creates massive peaks below 20Hz when you add gain. Perhaps a localised issue with my system.

Akis

UAD-1 Manual on page 209 said:
Frequency (fc)
Knob:
Determines the center frequency to be boosted or attenuated by the Gain setting.
The available range is 20 Hertz to 20 kiloHertz. When operating at
sample rates less than 44.1kHz, the maximum frequency will be limited.
If yours can go down to 1Hz, something's wrong. What version of the software are you using? It works as expected here with 4.4.1.

Fundy

Established Member
Here's a screen shot of what I mean.

http://download.yousendit.com/E6BABAB26186FE52

Note, this is only initial view and you can only use 20Hz-20Khz range thereafter. In Sony Sound Forge, it goes slightly crazy if I don't pay attention too it.

I'm running the latest driver, use an EMU 1212M on a Gigabyte Kt600 chipset with AMD Athlon 3000+ (Barton), 2.5Gb of RAM.

Akis

Looks like a nasty bug to me. You should contact UA support, if you haven't already done so.

UAD Bundle Month