• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Fairchild compressor tips

redo

I have just buy the Fairchild 690. I would like to have tips how to use it .
-For single track
-For Mastering
How/When to use the DC bias and time constant settings

Macc

Established Member
Hello there, and welcome.

If you do a search you'll find plenty, but very recently there was one regarding bass guitar (it should still be on the front page). In there I describe my personal favourite way of using it for single tracks, which was initially suggested for mastering by the user imdrecordings.

:)

I love it for parallel drum compression. Route a pre-volume send of your drum overheads and your kick direct mic to the Fairchild on a bus and bring that in below your drums. You'll know you've got it when the kick starts ducking the cymbals and they do that Ringo thing and sustain forever. Hell, you could even use this as the basis of your main drum sound if your going for a Beatles sound.

UAD Bundle Month