• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Fairchild presets crashing LOGIC

flyingstudio

G5 dual 1.8 with LOGIC 7 UAD card and POCO

When I try to use the presets from the Fairchild mono drop down menu LOGIC crashes.

I seem to be able to load the VST versions of the presets.

Other UAD plugins seem OK using the drop down menus (although some seem to not have any presets at all)

I went to LOGIC 7 last autumn and I updated OSX recently but can't remember changing anything else. (I don't use the studio everyday so occasionally forget what changes have been made)

Have I got the presets in the wrong folder?

Can anyone help?

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
For Logic 7 the additional AudioUnit presets should go in:
home/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-in Settings/

If you use some of the \"built in\" presets under the PROG menu, does the same case occur?

flyingstudio

Hi James and thanks for the reply (feel rather honoured to get a reply from you!)

When you say \"home\" does that mean USER home or main Hard Drive home?

I moved some of the Fairchild AU presets to a folder at that address under USER home and that seemed to fix it.

Am concerned now because while searching for the presets I seemed to find UAD prestes all OVER the place on my computer, some AU presets in the Applications folder in a LOGIC 6 folder, others in library in a UAD folder and some in library in the LOGIC folder. Some have fxp file names. Are those ones now reduntant?

Any suggestions for how I start sorting this mess out?

Andy

flyingstudio

Have been busy trying to make sense of instructions and putting all my AU plugins in one folder in User/library/application support/LOGIC/plugin setttings and am hoping this won't freak out any of my older songs when I reload them! So far so good.

The only thing I can't seem to find anymore now is some of the UAD presets for plugins like Nigel or all its associated individual components. And I seem to remember Cambridge coming with a very useful set of presets once and also the 1176SE too or was I imagining it? Were these just for the VST versions?

Are there presets available for all the UAD AU plugins? I for one find them very helpful.

Andy

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
Hi Andy,
Yes \"home\" is your USER account's folder so home/Library is the library folder for your user. Logic 6 has it's own independent plugin settings folder, so any AU presets there are accessed only by Logic 6 and not Logic 7 (don't you love how they up and change everything on you?). The ones located in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Universal Audio/Presets/ are the VST presets that you can load via the LOAD VST PRESET buttons at the bottom of AU plugins. Also if you use the SAVE VST PRESET button on the AU plugins, the saved VST preset (.fxp file) will save here by default. These .fxp ones may be redundant as well as those AU presets in the Logic 6 plugin settings folder, unless you plan on using Logic 6 and wanting to see the presets there. It's up to you if you want to get rid of either set, Logic 7 isn't going to look at them ;)

For the other plugins, all their \"built-in\" presets are located under the PROG menu in Logic. It's the bottom right little \"box\" above the plugins in Logic. If a plugin has any built-in factory presets, they will be accessable there (Cambridge, Fairchild, Nigel all have built-in presets that will show up there).

If you were using the AU presets in Logic 6, it shouldn't be any different now with Logic 7. If you have any old OS 9 vst settings from the plugins, you can load those via the LOAD VST PRESET button, so long as they are .fxp files.

flyingstudio

James, you are the man!!

I can believe I couldn't find that by myself, \"lack of paying attention award\" to me I guess. All is sweet now.

I GREATLY appreciate your swift (and polite) response and am very impressed by the service your are bringing, thanks again

(...now where did I move those VST presets to?!)

UAD Bundle Month