• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

First post in here! Little suggestion with UAD-1 purchase...

Hed

Hyeverybody!
First post in here...since I'm pretty interested to get a PROJECT PAK DSP UAD-1 or eventually an EXPRESS PACK UAD-1, I'd like to ask you guys if can I use'em without problems with my computer (1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, 3 GB, Tiger OSX 10.4.8, Mbox1 PT LE 7.1). I'm asking you because of the \"General Apple Power Mac G5 System\" tips:
- The UAD-1 works with all G5 systems that have either PCI or PCI-X (but not PCIe) slots.
- The UAD-1e works with the most recent G5 systems that have PCIe (but not PCI or PCI-X) slots.
- The best performance with the UAD-1 is obtained with G5 systems that DO NOT use the AMD-8131 PCI controller chipset.
- The best G5 model for UAD-1 performance which we have tested and recommend is part number M9747LL/A, Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHz, with three PCI (not PCI-X) slots.
- The most recent G5 system without PCIe slots is part number M9749LL/A, Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7GHz, with three PCI-X (not PCIe slots).
- G5 systems that use the AMD-8131 PCI-X controller will likely get lower plug-in instance counts than those shown in the instance count charts.

Any help?!
Than since I ain't no computer master, is it difficult to set-fit it to my computer? Do I need a tech-guy doing it?!
Thanks in advance!

Hed

jimmymio

I ain't no computer master either but i think its safe to say that, yes, your card will work fine in your G5. I would check UA's website 'cause I know they have some info which will help you ascertain whether you have the AMD chipset or not. If you do, you might waste a little DSP but its not the end of the world. I have the AMDs in my G5 and it works fine.
If you're good with following directions you should have no problem installing the card yourself.
JP

UAD Bundle Month