• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

getting sick of the uad1

my plugins all of the sudden just disable themselves automatically. this is really starting to piss me off. i get no replies on this forum. seems i am the only one with this issue. no replies from UA. i have upgraded to the most recent software. still does the same thing. i have tried different pci slots. no luck. i am desperate guys. otherwise i just may as well throw my card in the trash...

RichR

I never had any problems getting help from UA except when they just don't have a solution. They may not respond during a weekend. Also, it's always easier to reach them by phone.

G

I had a problem when i was using an m-audio delta card and 2 UAD-1's.
i sent UA an email and never got a response. so i called the help line and they tried to help me but never could figure it out. 2 weeks later i bought a MOTU ultralite and the problems were gone. it turns out that m-audio cards dominate the PCI bus and most other cards intelligently share the bus.

anyway call them and you will at least get some help. the tech support number is on the UA website. i wouldn't wait on emails and forums with a show stopping problem like that.

Big Harpe

foreverain4 said:
my plugins all of the sudden just disable themselves automatically. this is really starting to piss me off. i get no replies on this forum. seems i am the only one with this issue. no replies from UA. i have upgraded to the most recent software. still does the same thing. i have tried different pci slots. no luck. i am desperate guys. otherwise i just may as well throw my card in the trash...
Where in Ft. Wayne, Indiana is your trash can located?

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Project's example seems to hold the answer. Swap your cards into different PCI slots, hopefully that'll take care of things.

bob humid

foreverain4 said:
get yourself POWERSTRIP, install it and check ...-> option -> adapter information http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

your "PCI-latency" might be messed-up by one of the other PCI-devices... do you have a 3D game video-card installed? they like to hog the bus.

btw:
the term "PCI-latency" is NOT your latency on the audio-bus...

read this first then you´ll understand... it has been around in this forum a year ago or so...
http://www.geocities.com/phileosophos/t ... tency.html

its the last thing you´ll have to try before giving up... it´ll be a pity otherwise. the UAD-1s usally dont create that much problems...

i solved a lot problems on different systems with this tool..

good luck

robert

Mikem

Big Harpe said:
foreverain4 said:
Where in Ft. Wayne, Indiana is your trash can located?
Maybe he can take it to Sweetwater and find a secondhand buyer amongst the staff. :D

i have tried swapping different pci slots, to no avail. i did get ahold of tech support yesterday, they told me to try a few things, none of those worked either. i tried rolling back to an older version of the software. nothing has worked. :?

G

have you tried a different audio card? even the built-in sound card if you have one...

UAD Bundle Month