• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Help me spend my coupon

Kosta

Hi,

I guess I don't need anything really badly right now but I'm slowly building my UAD fx arsenal (never to be complete but useful nonetheless).

a) I have UAD Project Pak with added LA2A and Plate 140.
b) There's 20% off and I have an extra 25$ coupon
c) I don't want to spend more than 100$

That leaves me with

a) Pultec Pro - I love Pultec but I'm not sure I'd use Pro much more
b) Cambridge - EX1 and Pultec go a long way (+ the free Electri-Q)
d) Dimension
e) Chorus
f) Fairchild - hmm, I demoed that one but it was a bit of a mystery to me
g) 1176LN - I'm building a replica right now so not right now

Chorus and dimension look fine from this point but I haven't really used any of modulation or widening fx on anything lately....

oh well

cheers

k

wishingwell

I'd look at fairchild or 1176LN. But that's judging according to my personal wants and needs and not knowing your situation. With the small version of pultec i would'nt be in a rush for pultec pro (i did eventually buy it tho). As far as cambridge i believe electri q and other cheap ones are good matches, if i where going to spend money on UA eq's it would be the Precision or Neves, but that's just me and my taste. So to sum it all up, out of the list you mentioned above i would choose fairchild or 1176LN, but if your music says it needs one of those other effects then you have to be able to hear that to really make a good buy.

Kosta

thanks,

I lust for Neves, but they're all out of my league right now.

I don't think I need another compressor.

ouch

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Hmmm... If I had to put them in order:

1176LN
Dimension D
Fairchild
CE-1

HTH.

secretworld

I realy like dreamverb :oops: and use it a lot (also the plate but you alrready own that one)

Kosta

Nah, I didn't like Dreamverb at all when I had it (I had Mackie card and sold it due to configuration problems but bought Project Pak 2 years later).

I guess it'll be nothing this month (well, maybe).

But I'll be going to Messe soon, so cash'll come in handy :D

Fairlight

Venerated Member
Kosta said:
Nah, I didn't like Dreamverb at all when I had it (I had Mackie card and sold it due to configuration problems but bought Project Pak 2 years later).

I guess it'll be nothing this month (well, maybe).

But I'll be going to Messe soon, so cash'll come in handy :D
The only plugins I don't have are the Precision Bundle and the Dreamverb. I do plan to buy the Precision Bundle at some point, but not the Dreamverb, although I would like to demo it again at some point...

UAD Bundle Month