• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Help with Fairchild

TheCoalman

Hey all, I just purchased the Fairchild and the interface is very odd looking compared to other compressors. Does anyone have alot of experience with this compressor getting some of the amazing results that i've been reading about? I'm not finding it to sound all that different/unique. I'm looking for help in finding some really good general settings.

Thanx

:?:

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
The built-in presets are a good starting point, but I would definitely suggest reading through the Fairchild section of the UAD-1 Manual first as it outlines what each control does pretty clearly, and helps make sense of what each knob/dial does.

TheCoalman

Thanks bro, I'm just now aware of the fact that there is a manual, I'll check it out.......... 8)

TheCoalman

Any other Fairchild users out there? would love to hear what people are doing with and what kind of results they're having.......... 8)

mersisblue

I like the FC on bass ( or drums / bass stems )

and also vox

it can be good on the master buss aswell

:twisted:

Janzoulou

UAJames said:
The built-in presets are a good starting point, but I would definitely suggest reading through the Fairchild section of the UAD-1 Manual first as it outlines what each control does pretty clearly, and helps make sense of what each knob/dial does.
Excuse, but i dont have built - in presets. Where can i find them?
Thanks

brunjic

Thick bass preset, along with Pultec preset with similar name, is very flattering to DI sound of my Jazz bass.

LA-2A for vocals, and 1176 on drum submix (or loop) and guitars.

Then again Fairchild on Master. So far works fine for me.

bern21

noise

I have that problem (noise, freeze) sometimes using the Fairchild on the stereo output bus. I've seen that other people have also had the freeze followed by noise. Someone said that AutoTune seems to be a culprit. I found that when I switch the Fairchild for the Precision Limiter, the freeze/noise goes away.
Burt

Cat5

Established Member
Can you direct me to any threads regarding this? I have been having serois issues with freezing (SX CPU goes to 100%) and sometimes it goes to complete digital noise, sometimes it comes back, and sometimes I need a cold reboot.

It usually happens when I am shuttling and is more severe at lower latencies. it is driving me nuts!

...and it just dawns on me that I am having the problem with Autotune 4 running into an LA2A and the Autotune running into the Fairchild. Is this really my answer!?

Shane

UAD Bundle Month