How do I control the low end on this?

boody

Established Member
Nice 8)

This is a mastering job. On a good hifi, in a studio and on my headphones the heavy low end is nice. A car however tends to resonate on heavy low frequencies. I'm not in my studio right now so I can't exactly say what I would adjust, but I think it's somewhere in the 70's range and a bit around 125 - 150 where you should take back a little with a good eq (linear phase could do it, or PEQ). Did you cut everything below say 20 hz? Just take it back so that the car is comfortable but the warm blanket is still there; it suits the song.

cheers
Budy

keano

Established Member
Thanks Budy yes in the car the low end is very strong on the kick. And sound is warm. I cut the drums on mixing around 30Hz. If this is just a mastering job cool!!! I want to wash my hnds of it ha!

keano

Established Member
Well. Listen to jus tthe mix in my car and the mix is fine. It is my self-mastered mix that sonds boomy. Being a songwriter I have chosen not to try and self master anymore. It gets good results but not near great results. So thanks Budy. I will leave it as is. And pass it off to someone more experienced.

boody

Established Member
If you can do that it's the best solution. Mastering in the same room where the mix was done mostly leads to the enhancement of the errors caused by the 'sound' of the room (and the monitoring system). You have a good ear, but maybe your monitoring system isn't ideal for your room (or other way around ;) ) which would explain the trouble you seem to have with the low end.

I enjoyed your music so it's good to hear you're the songwriter (as am I)
Cheers
Budy

UAD Bundle Month