How does that mix sound to you?

tele

http://www.winksbbs.com/smf/index.php?a ... 7.0;id=260
Please note, that the HiHat's volume is really low - how does that appeal to you? I tried to free myself from recepies like \"a HiHat has to be about this and that volume\"
It's just a song part, so for the chorus(not included here), the HiHat might come up.
Vocals were treated with PultecPro & LA2A
The Guitar is VG, treated with Nigel & LN1176, btw.

tele

tele

Tarekith said:
The HH sounds too quiet to me, but only by a little bit.
Yes, it's too quiet. Now, that I got used to the quiet HH, I'm thiking of leaving it like that just for the reason of being different than "standard" mixes. 8) Maybe I'll just pushit up a tiny little bit.

tele

Tarekith

Being different is one thing, but not the point of having something you can BARELY hear IMO. Makes people focus on trying to figure out what \"x\" sound is, instead of listening to the song for enjoyment IMVHO.

tele

Tarekith said:
Being different is one thing, but not the point of having something you can BARELY hear IMO. Makes people focus on trying to figure out what "x" sound is, instead of listening to the song for enjoyment IMVHO.
guess your're right. I played it to some friends and actually I wondered why they all didn't comment on the HiHat. I'm gonna bring it up a tad.

tele

UAD Bundle Month