• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

How does UAD utilize native processing?

stevenp1200

I am interested in purchasing the UAD-1e, but don't know whether or not I need to buy 4 cards or if one will suffice. If the processing power in the UAD card is used up, will the rest of the processing automatically be designated to the native processor or is UAD strictly processed through its DSP PCI

pc (3.4 ghrtz/ 2 gigs of ram), Firepod, :?:

Macc

Established Member
Hello there :)

All the processing is done on the card. With one card only I'd say it's best to run the 'full fat' plugins offline, and some of the more economical ones in real time. The thing is that the full versions sound extremely good, and people want to use more of them in real time - hence people buying the multiple cards.

UAD Bundle Month