• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

How I solved glitches Ableton Live 5

djsynchro

Hall of Fame Member
This might help someone else, or maybe does someone know WHY this works? I'd love to know:

In Ableton Live 5, the recommended setting for the UAD-1 is to set plugin buffer in preferences to \"as audio buffer\". However on my system (Abit KV8Pro) this resulted in glitches even with simple songs. I solved it as follows:

Audio buffer 512 samples
Plugin buffer 256 samples
On the UAD, 2 extra buffers so the total latency reads 1024

Emailed Ableton support they thought it was \"weird\"
Emailed UAD support they were like \"if that works, use it\"

:)

lmnop

Interesting. I am having problems getting my UAD to work now that I put an X2 4800 in my system. I track at 128buffer and don't use any UAD plugins during tracking, then switch to 1024buffer for mixing. With 1 or more UAD plugs inserted into a project I get horrible garbling. If I take the plug out all is well. Could I have a buffer setting conflict? If so, how do I go about getting the RME buffer to work with the UAD buffer? Any help would be great.

Jay

UAD Bundle Month