• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

how many of u do use UAD-1 on a G5 without any problems?

dido1

since the latest UA update, do you still have problems?

apart from those PCI X compatibility stuff.
I'm planning to buy a single G5 processor with standard PCI slots.

thanks for reply.

T-fonk

I used to have problems with a mbox. With HD 2 accel, UAD-1 works really nice! On a G5 dual 2 Ghz.

T-fonk

swag

No problems at all here - G5 Dual 1.8 (standard PCI) with 828MkII and 1 x UAD-1

Demetrious

so far so good here, but i ain't had a demanding project to really give it a test, but soon will :wink:

arimaka

I have no crash/crackle problems with 2 UAD-1's on a G5 Dual 2.0, with PCI-X...

The only issue is that the UAD plugs take up a lot of processor load... I usually have to freeze all my tracks with many cpu demanding plugs (space designer, guitar amp, software synths etc) but i have no stability issues specially in the later releases...

Manuel

quincy72

No issues here :D

dido1

thank you for your reply evrybody!

how much do you gain with an extra UAD-1 in a G5?

arimaka said:
I have no crash/crackle problems with 2 UAD-1's on a G5 Dual 2.0, with PCI-X...

The only issue is that the UAD plugs take up a lot of processor load... I usually have to freeze all my tracks with many cpu demanding plugs (space designer, guitar amp, software synths etc) but i have no stability issues specially in the later releases...

Manuel
I also have a G5 dual 2.0 GHz (rev. B) with a RME Fireface800 and Logic Pro 7. I still have 1 UAD-1, because I read so much problems with multiple UAD's on a PCI-X G5. You have a higher CPU load you say. Can you say how much more this CPU load is in comparison to 1 UAD?
Also, how much extra plug-ins can you run with a second UAD in your G5? I've read that this is also less than optimal in a G5(PCI-X).

Finally, what sequencer do you use and what soundcard?

Thanks for your info.
Mark

UAD Bundle Month