Ilok machine

shatzer

Established Member
Thought I had read a while back that Luna would roll out over a couple months, an extra license (3 total I think) that would be able to use machine based licensing. (Instantly for new users)
Is this still in the process for older users or do I need to contact support?
@UniversalAudio

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
I use iLok fob on one Mac and machine authorization on another, if that's what you're asking. If you have iLok app installed, I would start up Luna and see what happens without the iLok fob.

I have two activations, but no machine. Only ilok usb and cloud.
Hello, here too, only two options but as Drew said, this is for new activations and is not our case.

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
I have two activations, but no machine. Only ilok usb and cloud.
THIS is what I have. I confused iLok 'cloud' with 'machine' activation.

Joe Porto

Hall of Fame Member
It makes sense from a marketing standpoint too. You're giving away something for free to get a customer in the door. All that is required is an iLok account, and because machine auth is available, it's at no cost, and reliable. And once the customer is ready to purchase Pro or individual Extensions, it's as easy as putting the software in your cart and hitting the purchase button, as the license method is already in place.

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
It makes sense from a marketing standpoint too. You're giving away something for free to get a customer in the door. All that is required is an iLok account, and because machine auth is available, it's at no cost, and reliable. And once the customer is ready to purchase Pro or individual Extensions, it's as easy as putting the software in your cart and hitting the purchase button, as the license method is already in place.
Yup. The fact is that we want/need to stay connected to you and be able to send you offers etc.

Steven A

Will machine auth be available for "older" users ?
Even without the extensions it can be useful... editing, opening a project, even just recording remotely with a "no internet and oops I forgot my iLok" situation

UAD Bundle Month