Im toasty. Whos awake?

UA_User

this is a cool forum. like the internet before it sucked and stopped having forums. Even in the forums that remain, like gears***, it's essentially dead. No pros, and measured, sane discourse left.

Last edited:

UA_User

I've read some threads here from actual boozers (who have the problem gene). I don't relate! I'm a jolly mofo , and tomorrow there wont be a shred of withdrawal or craving for booze! The problem gene is in my family, and I've seen it first hand, but i didn't get it.

I can certainly understand how habitual drinking happens though, even without the gene. I'll go out on a limb and say boredom and the general repression of modern life could lead anyone into various brain numbing chemicals.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
dont laugh, but i havent had 6 ipas in a decade at least, and that means its hitting me like a a real bender hits an actual drinker
Problem that got me started is I can't drink beer and such because I have R-CPD. Meant I could only do the hard stuff. Unfortunately, at the end of 2019 I was having some medical issues and started drinking daily. From the second I got to the studio, but stopping in time to be sober before heading home, then again as soon as I got home and again as soon as I woke up. It's how I dealt with it. Once I had some progress on my medical situation, I found I couldn't stop without help. Since then I've been pretty good. Just have to be careful not to have drink out at home and such.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
For me, it was the nicotine gene. Doesn't get the publicity and cultural love, but just as life-wrecking and deadly.
Smoking went hand in hand with drinking for me in my teens and early 20s, but was no sweat to quit. Neither was drinking back then...

UA_User

Loooooong story ludicrously short:

life upended completely. Not my doing... I'm not a problem person.

in a new land with zero connects, zero friends, technically homeless, nowhere to put my studio gear.

So yeah if I've been over-active on this forum, that's why. It's something to do, and some like-minded people here, ya know?

UA User

in a new land with zero connects, zero friends, technically homeless, nowhere to put my studio gear.

So yeah if I've been over-active on this forum, that's why. It's something to do, and some like-minded people here, ya know?
What continent do you reside in, if I may be so bold?

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin

Hard situation to be in. I definitely get it.

UAD Bundle Month