• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

It's a disease!

I have ALL the plugins and four cards ....

I just bought the 1081 .... I didn't listen to it .... I just knew I had to have it cos I have all the others!

What with that and the heartless promotional offers with an expiry date ...

It's just not fair!

UA are just callous plugin pushers .... and they don't even bother to make any bad ones so that I can ween myself off them.

OK ... A.A. ... N.A. ... hows about U.A.D.A??!!

B

wishingwell

BilboMcPancho said:
I have ALL the plugins and four cards ....

I just bought the 1081 .... I didn't listen to it .... I just knew I had to have it cos I have all the others!

What with that and the heartless promotional offers with an expiry date ...

It's just not fair!

UA are just callous plugin pushers .... and they don't even bother to make any bad ones so that I can ween myself off them.

OK ... A.A. ... N.A. ... hows about U.A.D.A??!!

B
I've been on the U.A.D.A program myself, very costly program indeed. Very easy to get addicted to the medication :? .

AndrewW

Well, I got a solution for that - a painful solution but a solution nevertheless.
I told myself that I will not buy any other UAD1 plugin untill they release new, more powerful platform for UAD1 plugs. I myself have 2 UAD1 cards which are almost enough for me and I do swear by these plugins. Unfortunatelly this solution of mine prevents me from getting NEVE plugins. Painful, but that's how it has to be for now. I don't really see myself buying extra plugins and than not having enough processing power to run them. Also, from the looks of it, current UAD1 hardware will be obselete.

I wish UAudio would come with some, not terribly expensive, expansion chasis for their cards, hopefully more powerful cards, and external PCI or PCIe card to connect to computer.

I love UAD1 but refuse to put more money into it at this time !!!

I can only marvel at your self control ......

Oh yes ... I have two Magma chassis as well ..... sigh

svs95

Shareholder
If he really had self control, he could refrain from mentioning that in every topic! :wink:

Please note that I did NOT say he doesn't have a right to mention it, or that I disagree with him. I fully understand. But dude, the situation you're reacting to does not render the 1081 useless, and I don't think UA's going to repeat these coupon offers just because somebody held out in protest. :p

So I guess I'm saying it's OK to fall off the wagon and capitulate to the disease. :lol:

svs95

than

AndrewW said:
Well, I got a solution for that - a painful solution but a solution nevertheless.
I told myself that I will not buy any other UAD1 plugin untill they release new, more powerful platform for UAD1 plugs. I myself have 2 UAD1 cards which are almost enough for me and I do swear by these plugins. Unfortunatelly this solution of mine prevents me from getting NEVE plugins. Painful, but that's how it has to be for now. I don't really see myself buying extra plugins and than not having enough processing power to run them. Also, from the looks of it, current UAD1 hardware will be obselete.

I wish UAudio would come with some, not terribly expensive, expansion chasis for their cards, hopefully more powerful cards, and external PCI or PCIe card to connect to computer.

I'm with you Andrew. Must be the Midwestern common sence. I need more power than my 2 cards can supply to run these newer generation DSP hogs. Although I have to admit the 1071 does have a killer sound even though it's not very surgical. Nothing about the 33609 or 1073 that even raised my interest.

G

AndrewW said:

I recently switched my audio hardware from RME to Creamware and I must say that I'm extremely impressed with their DSP based effects and the stability of the drivers. A big improvement over RME for *my* particular setup so I was considering selling off my 4 x UAD-1 cards until I started working without them and felt the withdrawal symptoms kick in. :lol: That's when I realized just how much I've come to depend on certain of the UAD-1 plugins in my mixes. Though the Creamware Vinco is certainly nice and their mastering stuff is, IMHO, some of the best DSP based software I've used, the UAD-1 Pultec/Pultec Pro, 1073, Fairchild, LA-2A and 1176 are just about essential to my mixes..sooo....I went ahead and ought the 33501 and the 1081 today. It was either that or go out and start buying the hardware versions to replace the UAD-1 cards.

Spoiled rotten here.............

:wink:

bedhoe

It is kind of funny... I never demo the plugins anymore either. I mean whats the point? I know i'm going to buy them anyway. Still have vouchers left over from my move to PCI-e... So i wouldn't mind a couple more plugs...

F5D

UA webstore + Visa = wicked combo. :evil: :p

No ... Paypal is the killer .... it's so easy!!!

Resonant Alien

I, like everyone would like to have a more powerful card. But, let's take a moment to get real and do some math:

First, the 33609 is a CPU hog to be sure. However, how many of these things are you really going to run in a single mix? Look at the gear list of some big name studios like Record Plant or Ocean Way - how many hardware 33609s to they have? Usually only one - at the outset maybe two - the ability to run 15 or 55 33609s may sound nice, but it's really not something that most people would do.

Second, if you buy a Flexi-Pak, you get $600 plugin voucher. So, you can get the Neve bundle for free - or to look at it another way - you buy the Neve bundle for $600 and get another card for $100. If you are maxed on on cards, then you're stuck of course.

Even looking at the 1073 and 1081, or 1176 and LA2A - if you have four cards, you can run 20 1073s or 20 1081s - more if you use the SE versions - you can run something like 24 1176s on 4 cards. Again, look at the equipment list of any top billed studio - I doubt than many have more than half a dozen real hardware 1073s or 1081s, maybe 10 at the outset.
Most probably only have a couple of real 1176s.

I understand if you start loading up Plate 140s, then you are sucking power from your comps and eqs, but it's pretty easy to print verbs.

I guess my point is that \"back in the old days\" you only had a limited amount of hardware, and you made it work, and people made some great albums. Now we have the ability to run 15, 20 plugs in a mix, and we are complaining.

That said........when is that 32 channel firewire connected UA box coming out????? :lol:

UAD Bundle Month