• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Let's give some ideas to UA for the 2006!

dusty

The 3 most wanted plug ins for 2006 are..

-Some high quality emulation of vintage eqs such neve/API(just like URS)

-LA3A

-Tape emulation

..And the n.1 feature you'd like to see in the next uad software updates.

-Chainer Plug in

Well, that's just my opinion.. i'd like to ear yours

saemskin

Established Member
what is the difference between LA2A and LA3A?

Giles117 DP

saemskin said:
what is the difference between LA2A and LA3A?
Tubes Vs Transistors and a different attack. Also has a clearer sound, not as warm as the LA2A, a little colder. I Like the LA3A On Guitars......

Giles117 DP

Wow. Hard to say. I;'d like to see some more vintage ports - dbx 1/2 rack units.....or some more esoteric Compressors...dbx 160 (the original black faced unit from the 80's)

So I guess dbx Units is what I'd like to see......

900 series, 160s, 160x, and so on.

Jaimo

I'd love to see a De-esser. Something dedicated to that task alone, such as Waves Ren De-esser, since that's the only one on the market that I'm aware of that actually works.

I realize the new Multiband comp can handle some of that, but I'd be interested on something that I could slap on just the vocal track, or on a stereo sub group of background vocals.

And since UA is making Roland re-issues, how about recreating Roland's SRV-300 series reverb and delay? And didn't Roland have a great tape delay? That would be killer... Or how about any number of the classic Boss guitar stomp pedals?

Trace

CHAINER, CHAINER, CHAINER, CHAINER ...

Its not sexy, but its long overdue.

I'd even accept a plug which puts all of the Analog Emulations in one super channelstrip. They can call it CS2 or something. If they come out with some other Analog EQ emu's that would work in this super plug too.

Just give us 1176LN, LA2A, Fairchild 670, Cambridge and Pultec's, a new Delay, Gate, Expander in a nice chain, so we can activate the plugs we desire with much less PCI Bus activity. They can throw in the Verbs or make them into one super verb plug. As long as we can turn them on and off individually and have a button to open each individual plugs editor screen, it would work.

TRACE :)

Taisoul

I'd love to see a De-esser. Something dedicated to that task alone, such as Waves Ren De-esser, since that's the only one on the market that I'm aware of that actually works.
Hey Jaimo.
Try Digital fishphones de-esser. I love it the best and it is free!!

UAD. I would like to see tape emu and Bus Summing emu for some classic consoles like SSLs and Neves. Something different.

Fix the AMD issue. (Sorry. I know they are trying)

guitarz

Taisoul said:
Fix the AMD issue. (Sorry. I know they are trying)
Yup.

And a trade in program (or some other solution) for the new "PCI to PCIe" issue. The AMD issue and the question of future compatibility with my next desktop (PCIe) mac will keep me from buying additional cards. :cry:

anha

5.1 support.

Archmart

It's a small thing... but it sure would be nice in ProTools to have the plugs show up in their proper categories instead of just under \"Other\".

demonsp

My wishes for 06...

I think DBX stuff, API, definitely Tape emulation, NEVE, SSL, LA3A please!
Roland SRV's-SDE's, De-esser and Gate would be nice, Restoration tools!
5.1 plugs, AC3/DTS coders.

OOOOOoooo YEsss!!

emfrank

SSL Bus Compressor, Analog Tape Emulation, DBX 160, and to get in shape :D

I would love to see a noise reduction which works with fingerprints so that I could send the waves Restoration Bundle into retirement.

F5D

Kontrakatze said:
I would love to see a noise reduction which works with fingerprints so that I could send the waves Restoration Bundle into retirement.
I suggest a Powercore PCI mk2 for this (comes with TC Denoise which is great) and you also get many other hq plugins like dynamic eq (multi band de-esser / mastering eq), character (great exciter), classic verb (superb reverb) and many other great plugins which uad1 lacks. I couldn't live without powercore or uad1 so I have both like many others. It's easier to buy a powercore for some things instead of waiting for UA to introduce those plugins (which may never happen).

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
What F5D said. I think it's pointless asking UA to do things that already exist on PoCo and work great. Each company has its strong points and I don't think they should compete on the same stuff - seems like a waste of R&D time to me. :wink:

replicant

- Marshall Time Modulator 8)

UAD Bundle Month