• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Liquid Mix Now PC Compatible

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.

Fundy

Established Member
Cool. I just wish Sold State logic would hurry up now with Duende.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
True, I'm more looking forward to that, as well.

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Got mine, and it is awesome.
Perfect foil to my UAD-1 cards.

Dragonsf

neil wilkes said:
Got mine, and it is awesome.
Perfect foil to my UAD-1 cards.
How are the plugins compared to the UAD ones? I'm too considering buying that, sounds very flexible.
Another question regarding the # of channels:
in the manual they say: 32 m/16 s @44.1/48KHz and then write, when using double SF, only half of the channels are available.
I calculate 16/8 @ 88.2/96KHz and 8/4 @ 176.4/192. But the manual says 8/4 resp. 4/2. What is correct?

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Channel Count is as you say for 44.1 and 48KHz.
At 88.2 and 96, it drops to 8 mono 4 stereo.
At 176.4 and 192 it drops to 4 mono 2 stereo.
There is/will be an expansion card available that will double up at higher sample rates, so the potential is there for 16/8 and 8/4 at higher rates.
Just not out of the box.

There are no plugins on this unit either - it is all built using Dynamic Convolution processes from Sintefex. What this means is that each emulation is a series of Impulse Responses - ie a set of snapshots that will impart the sonic character of the modelled units.
See http://www.noisevault.com for details about this type of processing. It is more common to see it used for reverb & modelling room spaces, but there have been several experiments in this field (including some from one of the regulars here, Pipeline Audio) already and even some with an early type of dynamic convolution as well.

All this aside, Focusrite have done a very good job, and it all works rather well.

UAD Bundle Month